Roadtrip to TAD, Purchased Strider, Mission Accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After recieving a nice paycheck I decided to buy some Strider Knives from Triple Aught Design. Thing was,I didn't want to wait over the weekend for shipping, so I got in my truck and made a roadtrip all the way from Fresno to Oakland. After getting lost in Ghetto Ebonic Crack Central Oakland, I met up with Patrick, who is a real nice guy for those of you who havent met him, and got to play with all the toys I have only read about on this website (Microtech UT6 (unimpressed), Sebenza(overpriced), Strider AR Folder(****ing huge), and a bunch of really expensive stuff) The reason I went to TAD was to pick up a Strider folder, and that's exactly what I got when I left that day. The guy working there (don't remember his name) has AR #69 (He's real proud of that) and I got to play with it a little bit. Seeing this thing for the first time was pretty impressive, It really is the monster people claim it is. The handle felt like you were holding a hockey stick in your hand. Both the SB1 and the custom AR folder are the same thickness (for people who don't know) And I'm shocked to say that I walked out the door with the Strider-Buck instead of a custom which I could have picked up on Monday for only $125! The quality of this knife is excellent, it is worth more then that. The cutom folders sell in the $350 range I believe, and while they are badass is every aspect, I would really consider the Strider-Buck before shelling out the better portion of my paycheck.
So I decided to get the Strider-Buck and the Benchmade tool kit so I could take it apart and clean it, when another guy walks into the showroom.
He looked like "Jared" in Subway commercial before he lost 200+ pounds. I **** you not. Large round glasses sitting on a large nose and a mass of unkempt hair, He pulls out a custom Larry Chew polished purple and shiny damasacus folder with mother of pearl this and that, and a hidden switch etc etc. from his pants. (The hillarious part about this is that this guy is probably reading this post now and preparing to send me a pipebomb in the mail, but oh well.)
The question in my mind is "Why?"
I guess I just see knives really as tools more then collectors items. The knife I bought is a day old and I've already split wood and opened many a beer can (as you may tell from this post) with it.
The idea of buying a knife (especially a Strider knife, which is made for hard use) and not using it is a complete mystery to me. Anyway, the guy spent about 20 minutes nasally blabbing about things he didn't like about how the "Sandshark" looked etc., and I got bored of listening to him so I decided it was time to go, I picked up a Flying War Penis shirt off the table, forked over my cash and bid Patrick farewell.
Conclusion: I'm a happy camper, and I'm glad I got to see the custom folder before I bought one.
Striderguys, I got to hand it to you, the quality of your work is really excellent compared to the anything else I saw in the showroom at Triple Aught Design, keep up the good work. And shoot me an email if you need people to torture test your prototypes.:D
Later On,
Chris

Chris,
Glad that you got a Strider. No matter who you get it from you got the best knife in the world. But let me tell you something. Next time you order something from someone and they go through the trouble of packaging the knife and spend there time to get it ready to ship because you told them you wanted it and were sending payment and then you decide you don't want it. You better consider the bad business reputation you started. The world is a very small place. And judging by your questions on the other forums, so is the Marine Corps. You better hope our paths don't cross again, because I garuntee you it won't be enjoyable for you.

Vinnie
(910)381-4884

Well, I'm sorry I changed my mind Vinnie and you wanted your time packaging the knife. I was not trying to **** with you, It turned out that $300 + dollars was more then I could spend. As for our "paths crossing again" chill out.

OK Chris,
Get this straight. This is the last time I will post on this matter. You ordered a knife from me. Told me to package it and told me you had a payment on the way. If it was to much than you shouldn't have commited to begin with. Your a punk. And don't tell me what to do. You are wrong here not me. A simple apoligy is what you should of done vice trying to justify why you couldn't fullfill your end of a business deal. And by the way don't bother to do it now.

Vinnie

Vinnie, just to clarify, I didn't tell you to package the knife. I did however make a mistake by telling you I wanted the knife and then telling you I couldn't follow through a few days later, I apologized at the time, and I apologized now, but I won't anymore. The way you conduct yourself professionally is mediocre at best. I don't appreciate you threatening me, and calling me a punk, nor will I tolerate it. I think everyone who reads this post can tell who is acting like a thug here. Stop quivering your little clam and sell the knife to someone else.

Ok I lied I'll post again. First off you know nothing about me professionally. I don't sell kinves for a living. So don't speak at things you know nothing about. Second you will tolerate anything you recieve here. Third you trying to turn this on me in a feable attempt to save face is weak. I don't need some high school little punk telling me about life. If you feel threatened by word on a forum over the internet than you better reconsider your plans on becoming a Marine. There is no room in the Marine Corps, especially now for little worms who think they know everything about the world. You failed trying to put me in bad light with everyone in this forum. So my advice to you Chris is to just keep your mouth shut. Call me if you still feel threatened and won't tolirate it anymore. Here is my number. I reall don't expect you to call though.

Vinnie
(910) 381-4884

I haven't wronged anyone Kamp, I feel I hae been wronged, thats why I posted. Let me clarify. This has absolutely zero to do with the Marine Corps. It has to do with a business trasaction (or lack of one as the case may be)
What statements of mine were out of line? When i said he was immature? When I said I don't like his business practices? I don't. I have nothing to apologize for. I have nothing to say to Mr. Palucci on the phone, and i'm not really worried about it ruining a career which I haven't begun yet.

Am I missing something here? This kid(yes,kid) places an order, cancels it before it ships, gets cursed out and is threatened with bodily harm by a 12 year USMC vet, is told that if he joins the Corps. that life will be made miserable for him by said vet.
Please tell me there's more to this story than meets the eye. This can't all be because of a cancelled order for one knife.

Dave

Dunno... Like I said, I posted and spoke when it really was none of my business. Probably ought to delete my post and stay out of it. After reading the whole post in GB&E I too feel like <i>something</i> is wrong or missing.

*Previous Post Deleted*

Chris, the ONLY thing you did wrong was say that the Sebenza is overpriced. That is not so. There isn't a better folder made, period.

As for Vinnie, he sounds like a Soprano's wannabee. Punk and if we cross paths. Give me a f#cking break. Get a life and stop TRYING to intimidate people. I have a feeling that made Chris laugh. I know it would have made me laugh. That's just plain pathetic.

I couldn't help but put my 2 cents into the mix.

Ketsugo

When a person has dealer under their user name, I will take it that they do make at least part of their living from selling knives. What Chris did when he changed his mind is done every day in thousands of businesses throughout the world. I doubt that these other businesses threaten their customers when they decide to cancel an order. I have to say that I don't think it was Chris that acted like a punk in this matter.

...If I counted everytime someone on the forums said he was gonna buy/sell/trade me a knife here and at KFC, and then backed out, I'd run outta fingers...

Yeah, it sucks, it majorly sucks, especially if you're working in a fixed budget mode, and if you're counting on other people to make sure your 'needs' are met by holding up their end of the bargain...

Again, it sucks, it majorly sucks...

What I've found out here is, and in no particular order...

1. People sometimes say things they don't mean when it comes to knife deals here, lotta 'jokers' "That's life" :(

2. People are always looking for a 'better deal', and that type of petty behavior puts small, (micro-mini) hobbiest business's out of business...'nough said. :(

3. Your word is your bond, it's all you've got. If you make a 'deal' with someone here, keep your word. No 'better deal' up the street BS please. Even if it hurts a little, or you made a mistake, or you're over budget...make the deal, someone out there is counting on you, you gave your word, make it count. :)

4. Keep your freaking dirty laundry in the 'hamper' where it belongs, private emails are private emails...this isn't freaking 'Judge Judy', and everyone loses when you guys pull this sh*t in public. :eek:

(It's bad form, and shows a weak mind, to cut and paste private emails in to a public forum...we're ALL better men then that, all of here in the forums....at least I hope we are!)

People like Vinnie come along...hard working, hard playing, straight up guy, and he blows all that hard work with a few mean-spirited words. "Bad form"

People like Chris come along...young, meaning well, making mistakes along the way, (and hopefully learning a meaningful lesson here too), and they get forced into the indefensible position of defending themselves... "Bad form again"

This is BS all the way around, with no winners, only losers. Hell, even the readers and posters lose in situations like this...

Well Chris, the fact is you are a punk. Your word is worthless, and apparently so are you. You're poor(you wrote so yourself), thats fine, in college I also had a fixed budget. But when you break your word just to save a few bucks, thats dishonorable no matter how you spin it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back