• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Scammer

WOW..
eusebiolyle@gmail.com

Almost got me.
I responded to a FS ad and PM'd with an offer and received a email response instead

Problem
I never sent my email.
So I PM'd the seller to respond and It was not him.

Here are screen shots from the scammers email.
He even used the sellers screen name

Screenshot_20240328-111607~2.png

Screenshot_20240328-111406~2.png

Are these type of scams (this MO) happening around the internet or is this more of a bladeforums scam?

Are these type of scams (this MO) happening around the internet or is this more of a bladeforums scam?
This type of scam has been happening on the Internet for many years. Unfortunately, it is difficult to stop; so they'll likely continue until people smarten up and stop falling for it.
I also recommend reporting the scam accounts to PayPal and filing with IC3. (A couple of $200 scams might not get much attention; but dozens of them might

Of course they are. On reddits knife_swap members are falling for fake emails claiming to be mods. They request the login info. Get it. Then they host a raffle or sell a few high priced knives. People still fall for the Nigerian prince scam and gift card scams all the dang time. Come on.

Scams happen everywhere, all the time. People need to protect themselves and be more cautious.

DennisM DennisM
My point was, that as a paid member, he has private messaging capabilities. Since it appears some people are not aware, THERE IS NO BLADEFORUMS EMAIL SYSTEM. If you didn't give your email to the seller, they can't email you. (Well , they could search your posts to see if you posted...but - hint - they aren't going to. For the registered members that are likely to have to use emails, don't be in such a rush to send payment - make sure you know that it's the right person.
At the time I was scammed I was not a paying member - learned that lesson and joined.

You don't receive generated email notifications from Blade Forums for posts activity you make or follow? Hmmm - thats weird because I do.

Also, this scammer did research the forum for my previous posts to find my email address - so it does happen. I went back and removed all of my personal info from all my posts - I was naive assuming all were honest.

Shoulda coulda woulda ... I am glad the scammer's schemes are getting a more publicity so others don't fall prey.

Now that I have a gold membership - I can send PMs instead of the messages you can send as a basic member for all to see.

At the time I was scammed I was not a paying member - learned that lesson and joined.

You don't receive generated email notifications from Blade Forums for posts activity you make or follow? Hmmm - thats weird because I do.

Also, this scammer did research the forum for my previous posts to find my email address - so it does happen. I went back and removed all of my personal info from all my posts - I was naive assuming all were honest.

Shoulda coulda woulda ... I am glad the scammer's schemes are getting a more publicity so others don't fall prey.

Now that I have a gold membership - I can send PMs instead of the messages you can send as a basic member for all to see.
I said he, not you. You originally quoted a response I made to somebody else; so I explained myself.
And, no, I don't get those notifications - I found them annoying from the first forum on which I participated; so I have them turned off...but that is not what I was referring to - those are system generated emails and you can't respond to them (okay, you probably can; but you shouldn't). There used to be a site email system through which members could communicate, regardless of membership - that's what I was saying doesn't exist.

I said he, not you. You originally quoted a response I made to somebody else; so I explained myself.
And, no, I don't get those notifications - I found them annoying from the first forum on which I participated; so I have them turned off...but that is not what I was referring to - those are system generated emails and you can't respond to them (okay, you probably can; but you shouldn't). There used to be a site email system through which members could communicate, regardless of membership - that's what I was saying doesn't exist.
Understood. Just hoping not many more fall victim to these jerks!

Back