Should I worry about Sak scales?

OMG Flitz. I just polished up a couple of SAKs and I had forgotten how effective Flitz is on the celidor scales. It makes a huge difference. The scales are more grippy when they've been freshly polished. The polish grabs all the microscopic junk that you didn't realize was embedded in the plastic and makes the scales squeaky clean again like they were from the factory.

One thing to note though: don't be gentle. Really scrub that Flitz in there. Put some elbow grease into it. Same thing when you're wiping away the excess after you think you're done. Scrub it with your dry cloth or dry paper towel as if you had a full load of polish on there.

The stuff works great on sak scales, and it's worth using it on them every once in a while. It really makes a difference. You don't need to take the time to sand all the little nicks and scratches out of your scales. Just polishing them up every once in a while gives your SAK a nice fresh feel. The nicks and scratches shouldn't bother you anyway. It's character. ;)

Back