Show your Feathersticks

fuzzies-1.jpg

Here's a quick, not-the-best one I whipped up for the photo:
IMG_6164.jpg

If you are interested, the Opinel is a #12 I modded. The writeup is on Woodsmonkey.

A Tramontina steak knife, with a new edge on it:
IMG_5026.jpg

Nice thread. When I have the Shango from the Passaround, I will see what I can do with it! What is a preferred wood for feathersticks? I live in PA if that helps slim down the choices. Lots of pine, oak, and maple.

Holy Smoke Treechopper!
Those are great,
what kind of wood did you use?
lets see the knife too

The wood is dry aspen... easier than using the harder woods and is good for my ego. :)

I tried out many knives... the purple kephart posted upthread was used many times, a mora 511, BRKT Fox River, an ML wharnie, GB Wildlife Hatchet, Spyderco Pink Delica, Opinel 6, and a tramontina machete. After Siguy posted the link to bensbackwoods.com showing that monster featherstick, I've been trying to make mine fuller than the ones I posted earlier in the thread.

Tree Chopper should be infracted for posting excellent feather sticks with out a knife in the pic!:thumbdn:

Major WSS party foul!!!

:p:D

Tree Chopper should be infracted for posting excellent feather sticks with out a knife in the pic!:thumbdn:

Major WSS party foul!!!

:p:D

Sorry. :foot: The pile of knives used was larger than the pile of sticks. :eek: I think I should be :eek: sometimes for owning so many knives....... but I'm not! :D

I'm going to try making a couple more feather sticks with my Hudson Bay axe and then call it quits for the week. I have a blister on my palm that needs to heal by the weekend.

Back