Suggestions Needed... Super Lightweight Folder

Im looking for ideas for a very lightweight(and preferrably thin) folder in the 7"-8" range. Im a big fan of the Dragonfly 2 and have owned several Delicas but looking for some other suggestions that are at least the size of a Delica and a bit bigger. Spyderco and other brands/models are all welcome. just a note...im not a fan of metal scales so exclude those. And... lets keep it less than $100. 👍

Thanks.

Last edited:
Removed list of knives that didn't fit the budget (didn't notice that first time around, or maybe it was edited in).

Last edited:
Sorry guys, but this sounds like another Chaparral thread to me! If you love the dragonfly but wish it was a little bigger, Chaparral might be perfect for you. Native5 LW would be great as well for something a little more utility focused, Sage1 if you want something larger. I'll refrain from posting pictures.

Al mar for sure...

Also the kershaw skyline is pretty darn light. Some of the exclusive versions are very nice.

And if you like the Delica the Endura is a ton of knife and not too heavy. Might be bigger than you wNt though

Thanks for suggestions so far...

I was just looking at the Chaparral(kinda small) and the Native 5 and Manix 2 lightweights. Im not just committed to Spyderco necessarily, but they do seem to fit this lightweight niche pretty well.

Spyderco Stretch

I forgot about this one...👍 I owned one several years ago it's about the perfect size I'm looking for right now. Ive never owned a Manix 2 so the lightweight version is a strong possibility also.

Spyderco Native 5 LW

Light as a feather, but feels like a bigger knife in hand.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ive never owned a Manix 2 so the lightweight version is a strong possibility also.

In that case, you are in for a treat. Manix2 LW is a GREAT cutting tool, just a lot bigger than I thought you were looking for.

Compared to the DF2:
27614871813_08ac822c7c_h.jpg

Compared to the Native5 LW:
24431148112_dddcdd3f3f_h.jpg

I cant believe I am the first to suggest the benchmade 530. 7.42 in long and 1.88 oz and thinner than anything else I own

Benchmade 531. It's just a little over your budget but not much. I have seen it at $120, shipped.

At 2 oz., it is super lightweight. Sports a 3 1/4 inch blade and G10 scales. Makes a great gents knife.

Back