Suggestions Needed... Super Lightweight Folder

Lightweight =light duty, so I'd check out the large bucklite Max. I love my medium sized 482 and they're an excellent American made knife for a mere 20$

A lot of great suggestions... thanks

So far, the Native 5 LW is the front-runner.

Benchmade 940-2. Somewhere around 2.5 oz and you get around 3.25" of cutting edge.

Boker has a new-ish FRN folder made in Italy IIRC with decent steel. Forget the name at the moment but looks like a fine knife and around $70.
Edit: made in USA and called the Patriot

Check out the Boker Urban Trappers... its sub 2 oz and thin. I own the G-10 version and its sexy

Manix 2LW of some flavor. A lot of knife for its size and great Manix ergos!

xy5Zveh.jpg

1+for the Al Mar Falcon. I have had one for many years. It will literally disappear in your pocket. AG Russell has some nice stuff. The FeatherLite One Hand knives are very light (https://agrussell.com/knife/2560). AG also has some titanium handles folders that might work too.

Ric

Im looking for ideas for a very lightweight(and preferrably thin) folder in the 7"-8" range. Im a big fan of the Dragonfly 2 and have owned several Delicas but looking for some other suggestions that are at least the size of a Delica and a bit bigger. Spyderco and other brands/models are all welcome. just a note...im not a fan of metal scales so exclude those. And... lets keep it less than $100

I don't know I would skip the Manix 2 The blade is THICK especially near the edge. I found it to be a terrible cutter compared to my Griptillian and my Gayle Bradley One both of those will cut circles around the Manix. I really tried to like it but found it disappointing in the actual use at work. I wound up sending it back it was so bad. Wouldn't hold an edge; more and more I blame that on the edge geometry . . . 30 thou behind the edge . . . that is like a mile thick when it comes to a good cutter.. See Ankerson's thinned down Manix 2 . . . NOW you got something.

What am I recommending already . . . you may ask.

How about a Boker Urban Trapper with some scales you like. As you know, I'm sure, they come in wood, G-10 etc.

Kind of delicate but I'm thinking it fits your bill (? ? ? ?).

Mine :
As received

Once I got done modding it to look like your Jeep. (really great by the way . . . your Jeep and my knife).

Back