The Diamond Jack is Back!!

Coincidentally mine arrived just after I joined the discussion. I'm not sure which style of jigging I got.

But I like them both. Might be a very tough call, but these may be the finest GECs I own. Shows what a difference good jigging makes.

Well, since there seems to be some variation in these, I guess I'll share mine. Although a bit envious of a few others I've seen posted, I'm quite happy with mine. Amber left, Chestnut right.
View attachment 701932

Awesome Photos of these Fantastic Knives

The amber looks a lot like Challenge jigging and the chestnut looks to come right out of a pre WWII catalog. Nice ones Charlie and Bill.

Very nice DJ's everyone!
Earlier in this thread I mentioned my lack of knife money, but...
the more Jacks I saw, the more I wanted at least one for me too.
So, after selling some other things not needed anymore, it became possible to satisfy this wish.
A bigger frame (similar to the #38 just with the smaller bolster above), but thin and comfortable to carry, with a smooth action (after oiling the joint), a beautiful blade and an extra ordinary jigging with lots of character.
Thanks everyone involved in making this knife and sending it to the cusomers! Great job!!

IMG_8661_zpsldbhhd0o.jpg

IMG_8664_zpsbphmfq7e.jpg

PS: Already got one spot on the backside of the blade because I didn't saw the rest of water, when putting the knife down in the grass for taking pictures. After the shot above, the knife fell down from the fence on some stones and the upper bolster got some scratches too:eek:...
However, I guess things like that could happen sometime.
mat

PS: Already got one spot on the backside of the blade because I didn't saw the rest of water, when putting the knife down in the grass for taking pictures. After the shot above, the knife fell down from the fence on some stones and the upper bolster got some scratches too:eek:...
However, I guess things like that could happen sometime.
mat

Great photo! A few bumps and bruises just means the knife is now yours and you can use it without worrying about ruining the mint condition! :D

Thank you, philllll! To calm the nerves, similar thoughts came into my mind too.:D
Right now I'm carrying one user and the DJ, but the step to give the latter some use too has become smaller.
Maybe that's how it was meant to be...:)

Nice photos nifebrite! And it is branded as yours!
The few times I have gotten a new car in my 73 years (5? I think!!??), I couldn't wait for the first scratch, so I could stop worrying about it!!:)

Thank you, waynorth! Again a great sfo you have done with great eastern cutlery!
It's one of the knives I wouldn't let go.
And you are right, just like a new car with the first scratch, the handling becomes more relaxed afterwards.
In the end, both things are meant to be used.:)

Im Excited!
Barry - as always did a splendid job in managing to get one of Charlie's beautiful new 48's to me- and man!!!! I just love this Sleek, Beautiful Knife, I know you guys have sen these by now quite a few times, But I took a few photos next to a Rare wee Sweatheart of a 48.
I like the small - but big differences if that may be forgiven as sounding a bit silly.
The Jigging- I read before of some complaining- and I was thinking "Man...really?" what is wrong with THAT? I was waiting to see just what the jig work was going to be like on mine - I have to tell you that I am extremely pleased!
waynorth waynorth - Charlie, please accept my thanks for yet another masterpiece between your self and Bill, I think this is an amazing knife, The Cutler work on this Knife just could not be closer to a Good custom Knife builder - I stand by that all day long.
@gunstockjack - Barry- Once again for your amazing service- thank you so much for sending me this Knife, your service is VERY much appreciated in a World where Customer Care seems to be forgotten- you bring back faith in this field Sir.
Photo's..

2013 and 2017 together - I thought I would just take a few photos side by side for Comparison of the Different Blade Grinds that the 2017 takes the Sabre away from the 2013 to this years release just having a nice slim sleek Swedge

The Jig work styles, GEC's stepping into Peach-seed land and I'm not too sure as to what this years 48 Jig Style is called? Crock Skin would be fitting..

Oh today is a good Day, I have braved it- and carrying my new 48 Today, Man I just LOVE THIS KNIFE, along with me is my Stag Harness 3 HJ- What a Combo!

You are well equipped today, Duncan!!
And thanks for those great pictures and comparisons above!
This forum moves so fast, that stuff moves to the second, and third pages quickly and you miss it! I am glad you brought it back up!!
That newer jigging does look a bit croc-ish!!:eek:
:D

I look forward to the nicely patined blade once used Jack:D

that was the intention Paul, this one was going to be a user. i passed up on one of the 12 Charlie specials the other week, but went fishing in the bay and at this price I couldnt refuse. The charlie special I traded for during the rendezvous seems to have an odd mark in the blade which I havent been able to figure out if it was a goof or anything. but this one new one, will probably go in the pocket :) (chances are itll be brand spanking new when you guys see it at the next rendezvous still, using new knives is tough for me:rolleyes:) the etch on my modified 48 is beginning to lighten tho!

How 'bout a large Texas-Diamond Jack on the 81 frame that is coming soon.......come on Waynorth!

Back