Thoughts On a BK9 Modification

Jforsbush uses something, perhaps what you are referring to. I plan on having him do some work to some give away blades in the future.

The jimping is because, the first jimp notch on the BK9 ramp, is actually below the "spine line, and will stick out like a sore thumb, if I don't put some other notches in it, I t won't be a straight flat spine.

Moose

Ok, so a quick update, thumb ramp is ground off, spine squared, and is in the stripping solution as we speak, er, um, type. Once it stripped, I will get started on the patina.

And yes, I am taking pics, but I want to wait until its done.

Moose

Ok, stripped and hanging, waiting for the patina to setup, proper. This is going to look pretty badass, I dont a sweep with the baster brush, fromthe spin to the edge on a 45 degree angle, I dont he same thing on my ESKabar, and it looks pretty nice. More to come.

Moose

Ok, so a quick update, thumb ramp is ground off, spine squared, and is in the stripping solution as we speak, er, um, type. Once it stripped, I will get started on the patina.

And yes, I am taking pics, but I want to wait until its done.

Moose

Hey Moose, what did you use to grind the thumb ramp off? I'm thinking of using a dremel for something similar, and wondering if that's what you used. Thanks!

will

Hey Moose, what did you use to grind the thumb ramp off? I'm thinking of using a dremel for something similar, and wondering if that's what you used. Thanks!

will

I don't know what moose used, but I used a dremel on my Bark River Gunny and it worked just fine. I just dipped it in water every now and then to keep it cool.

I don't know what moose used, but I used a dremel on my Bark River Gunny and it worked just fine. I just dipped it in water every now and then to keep it cool.

Same thing here. Took it slow and watered it down. Have be to becareful tho. Little steps.

will

If you have access to someone that uses a end mill they could do it in about
5minutes

I plan on doing a strip this weekend but never have.
does this sound correct
1. remove handles
2. soak in jasco until shedding occurs and scrape off with tool
3. rinse blade and soak in mustard (and brand better then the other?)
4. put handles back on
5. draw blood from Esee forum

Sound about right?

Back