Tinker & Classic SD Combo vs Super Tinker

Tinker & Classic SD vs Super Tinker?

• Tinker & Classic SD

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Super Tinker

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters
The can opener and saw on my Farmer look identical to those on my 91mm knives, if there is any difference its very minor.

Turn them sideways. The can opener is measurably thicker on the 93mm alox models. The entire opener layer itself is thicker, which obviously makes the tools stronger. If you have a set of calipers then you can measure the tools for yourself and see that there is in fact a difference.

The saws are the same thickness between the 91 and 93mm models.

Bantam Alox gives me a lg blade,can opener and screw driver wire stripper Classic gives me scissors,pick and tweezers and back up small knife,file and extra screw driver.As a farmer those two are small and lite and give all I need.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This is what I've found out time and again. The two small SAK's often give you what you really need for your lifestyle, in smaller, lighter weight packagers that are easier to carry than one huge lump of super SAK.

I chose the Classic and Tinker because I have both of them. I don't have a Super Tinker. I use the scissors and bottle opener and can opener more. I use the blades the least on all my SAKs. I like using the pen blade if I want to whittle anything. My Classics are on my key rings so I always have that with me.

I broke the tie at 8 each by voting for the Classic/Tinker combo. Someone had to do it, even if it doesn't register. ;)
Two layer SAKs are my usual limit except when participating in various outdoor sports. During those times I might choose a three or even a 4 layer tool. I also prefer the 58mm scissors over the 91mm.

edit; Allow me to add, a two layer Alox with a 74mm Vic is still my favorite pocket combo.
For a long time it was a Farmer with an Executive until the Farmer was stolen. I managed without the saw long enough to conclude, I could do just fine without one, except for those days afield. 🌳🌲🌳

Last edited:
I abstained from voting. I have several SAK, but neither the Classic nor the Tinker nor the Super Tinker. My Spartan Onyx or Alox Pioneer X will sometimes get pocket time, but it is more often the Alox Cadet in the pocket and the Huntsman in the bag (along with some other knives). For specific tools, I like the nail file of the Cadet and the scissors and saw of the Huntsman. I find the SAK scissors to come in handy. I carry a couple of pieces of Kinesio Tex elastic tape in case one of us gets a blister, a hot spot, or something else needing a quick patch. A knife blade will just tear the backing and stretch the tape, but the scissors cuts nicely through the tape + backing paper. It does a much neater job of it.

Back