Titanium Frame lock WIP and introduction

Fantastic looking work!! I love how heavy use that looks!!!! Can't wait to see it finished!!! Email sent your way with some questions. Good looking folder.

today my belt grinder broke down...i was fixing it for 2 hrs... so i only sanded the blades to proper thickness and grinded one of them with 80 grit... i hope i'll do more tomorrow :)

3.jpg

461ea4ce.jpg

q.jpg

2-1.jpg

thanks everyone,

milling machine was necessary for the cut out on TI , other than that drill press, belt grinder, friction cutter, vise, taps for titanium handle (clip)..
if you were asking only for the blade than all i used was friction cutter , drill press and belt grinder :)

also i had pivot screws and standoffs made specially for me as i don't have a lathe.

i'll try to post more pics soon...weekends are reserved for wife and kid ,you know how it is :D

thank you guys!

also i just wanna say that i'm a big fan of your work (jake, peter, alphahunter) so coming from you it really means a lot!
once i'm done we'll work something out alphahunter ;)

super nice and clean work! I'm looking forward to seeing these for sale.

thanks guys!

i had more standoffs made but they are gonna be done next week.. i'll try to make use with what i have..
will post more pics tomorrow :)

here's a few pics from today...
i just sanded g10 so it looks really dusty, but you can see how it's gonna look done.
broke some more taps... all together more than 10 :eek:

3-2.jpg

2-4.jpg

1-4.jpg

4.jpg

This looks amazing so far, I really like everything about it; it feels like a mix between a strider and an umnumzaan but at the same time completely unique. Please let us know if you plan on selling any.
P.S. My heart aches for your broken taps, I know I F@$#ing hate tapping Ti.

thanks!

i love strider knives an had a lot of inspiration from my smf :)

i red here that when taping titanium you should drill a bit larger hole but i didn't do that as i want my screws to really hold...

here's a comparison pic with smf
05.jpg

I love it.

Comparing it to a strider is doing your work a great disservice!
For a while I had been considering a Large CRK or an SMF but there seems to be many other large-ish custom folders coming out lately that I may opt for instead. One of these would be up on that list ;)

Back