Treasures Found!

Hey all,

(Someone suggested I re-post this in this forum as there would likely be a greater interest. So, I thought that was a fine idea. Chime on in!)

Well, how'd I do? I went jumping around the local junk stores yesterday and I brought home these great finds!

Top: 70's Imperial Frontier Series #4132 "Ol' Ivory" stockman
Middle: Camillus Cutlery yellow "jumbo" ... still researching. Anything anyone can offer would be terrific!
Bottom: FAVE OF THE DAY! 30's Imperial Prov R.I. jack ... it was BLACK with oxidation but Lordy, she cleaned up so pretty.

Seriously, I'm gonna carry that Imperial for a few weeks just to bond with her!

SLR8564-LWF-two-copy-L.jpg

Very nice finds.

I'm glad you detailed your haul, because I was going to be unbelievably jealous if you found that sweet lever rifle at a junk store.

I'd say you had a good day at the junk shops!:thumbup:

That easy open Imperial jack is a winner. I've always had a soft spot for bails and the old time look they give.

By the way, those old Marlin 39's are great shooters, ain't they?:D I've got a couple around that get used often.

Carl.

Very nice finds.

I'm glad you detailed your haul, because I was going to be unbelievably jealous if you found that sweet lever rifle at a junk store.

LOL ... I've had that ol' rifle for a good many years. She's killed a lot of squirrels. Seemed like a good prop to showcase the spoils of my weekend junk store skirmish.

A good prop indeed. I love my 1894c, and wish I could find a 39 in my price range.

Actually, that Camillus is my favorite. (What am I saying, I like them all!)

Nice finds.

Glene

Great pic first off, awesome rifle, it's great to hear that you've taken a few bushytails with it too.
Love the knives, Imperial has so much history for just about anyone who knows knives.

I'd say you had a good day at the junk shops!:thumbup:

That easy open Imperial jack is a winner. I've always had a soft spot for bails and the old time look they give.

By the way, those old Marlin 39's are great shooters, ain't they?:D I've got a couple around that get used often.

Carl.

Carl ...

GREAT EYE on the Marlin. You know your lever guns! I bought that old octagon barreled 39 many years back, used, for a couple hundred bucks. 23.5" barrel ... long and accurate. Lever action is smooth as silk. There's something so sleek and ergonomic about carrying this rifle in the woods. I love her, truly. But ... er ... sorry ... moving on ...

Thank you for the vote of confidence on the blades. I am totally in your camp on the easy open Imperial. My, she cleaned up just beautifully and took an edge like nothing I've ever seen. True quality. I had to give twelve bucks for it ... OMG. I'd venture a good bet that you can't find a new knife anywhere for twelve bucks that looks as aged and lovely as that one! (Well, you could buy a carbon Opinel, force a patina on the blade and then bake the knife in an oven to darken the handle ...and as cool as that is, it still wouldn't look seventy years old.)

I've been carrying the easy open since the day I brought it home. It is true love.

Best wishes!

Actually, that Camillus is my favorite. (What am I saying, I like them all!)

Nice finds.

Glene

I've been searching for more information on this Camillus model but I am getting shut out. Can you tell me anything about the design and what it's called ... or the year(s) it was produced? The store had another of these that with stag scales (and the same shield saying "jumbo") ... but I passed on it. Maybe that was a dumb call, but I'd already spent my daily expendable pocket cash. Could probably get back there and pick it up ... they want $25 for it.

Great snags and a nice pic! The knives are nice and so is the Marlin. Good to have you aboard!

I've been searching for more information on this Camillus model but I am getting shut out. Can you tell me anything about the design and what it's called ... or the year(s) it was produced? The store had another of these that with stag scales (and the same shield saying "jumbo") ... but I passed on it. Maybe that was a dumb call, but I'd already spent my daily expendable pocket cash. Could probably get back there and pick it up ... they want $25 for it.

Nice finds, can you take a close up pic of the tang stamps, that will help with date/ID of the knives.

This should help
http://www.collectors-of-schrades-r.us/Catalogs/images/1962-SW-CATS.pdf

http://www.collectors-of-camillus.us/Catalogs/Catalogs.htm

http://www.collectors-of-schrades-r.us/Imperial/1941-Imperial.pdf

http://www.collectors-of-schrades-r.us/Imperial/1959-Imperial.pdf

Last edited:
I had an Imperial easy open just like that. Truly one of the sharpest knives I had. Took a phenomonal edge.

Great looking knives and a great looking rifle... :) Congratz on those three (four - rifle included) beauties.

Kind regards
Andi

Great scores TwoDogMan. I don't usually have that kind of luck when I'm out bummin' around. Have fun with them.

Nice finds, can you take a close up pic of the tang stamps, that will help with date/ID of the knives.

WOW ... thank you for these wonderful resources! I've never owned a knife values guide or book for general ID ... so these are really treasured PDF files! Thanks for posting them.

As for the tang stamp on the jumbo ... I sure can take a photo but it may not be today as I am prepping and departing for a three day trip. What I can tell you is that the large blade reads:

CAMILLUS
CUTLERY CO.
CAMILLUS N.Y.
U.S.A.

Everything is in capital letters. No model number and no further stamping on the pen blade. That's it!

Last edited:
Thanks ... a closer inspection yielded the hidden "U.S.A.", only visible with the blade half open. Earliest catalog I have is 1946 and I can't locate this model in it, although it does resemble a swell end jack quite nicely. Must be earlier than '46.

Nice finds! I have a similar Imperial, only with bone scales. Can we see more pictures of that Camillus?

STP80591.jpg

I too have one of those '36-'56 era Imperial EOs. I actually am carrying it today and almost every day. Its a great knife!

12%2020:18:33

It will indeed take a wicked edge. And take it quickly, btw. It sharpens easily and wonderfully.

IMAGE_1000001003.JPG

Back