Ugliest Folders?

People will hate me for this one, but the Kershaw Tilt.

I've never held one, and everyone who owns it raves about it, but it's as ugly to me as anything I've ever seen

KSTILT.jpg

First time I saw the tilt I thought, WOW that's gonna feel terrible in the hand. It's actually quite nice but I wasn't prepared to pay what my local dealer was asking.

When I first saw the Tilt, I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. It grew on me though. By the time they were taking pre-orders, I knew I had to get one (after reading the specs/details). The design to me is very well thought out. There really is no other knife that looks like it. I have the all DLC version- reminds me of a stealth bomber.

another one i may catch some flak for as there seems to be quite a few fans of this knife.... the kershaw echelon

1880%5Blarge%5D.jpg

The Echelon has wonderfully clean lines, unlike a lot of BMs and Spydercos. Very sleek, bright, strong tip and one long continuous cutting surface. May I ask what it is you don't like about it? If you say the thumb stud, it's a small knife, so a larger stud is needed for larger hands. Maybe you'd prefer something black, overly expensive, built like a tank with an edge that cuts like a baseball bat through butter?:rolleyes:

The Echelon has wonderfully clean lines, unlike a lot of BMs and Spydercos. Very sleek, bright, strong tip and one long continuous cutting surface. May I ask what it is you don't like about it? If you say the thumb stud, it's a small knife, so a larger stud is needed for larger hands. Maybe you'd prefer something black, overly expensive, built like a tank with an edge that cuts like a baseball bat through butter?:rolleyes:

i love my adamas which is pretty much what you just described and no its not overly expensive because when you hold it you feel the quality . but i also like the echelon because of its wild and unique design

and here is my contribution
credit_card_knife_money_clip_540.jpg

TS-KFTBL07_540.jpg

TS-KFSNF_540.jpg

tactical_masonic_knife_540.jpg

BO01BO160.jpg

I don't know, but this one (Böker S2) tries just too hard to be special.

transport-756bl_large.jpg

Then pretty much the entire Buck catalog, minus the classics. I'll just pic something fugly like that above.

C150G_M.jpg

I know that the whole Spyderco thing is "designed in dark" but the hell?

i love my adamas which is pretty much what you just described and no its not overly expensive because when you hold it you feel the quality . but i also like the echelon because of its wild and unique design

and here is my contribution

TS-KFSNF_540.jpg
That throwing star...just what I need! Backup for my backup when some ninja or commando knocks my knife out of my hand!:eek:

lol, i knew i would catch some flak for it and it would only be a matter of time for a "fanboy" to flame me ;).
i just dont dig the looks, the thumbstud & its "floating nature" in my opinion is hideous, never a fan of snot colored natural g10 & "bright" is not something i shop for when looking for a folder whatever the hell that means. you opinion on how wonderfully clean and sleek it is is subjective as is my opinion of how i think its a folding poo spatula that has traits of something designed for budk. ive also had my share of small folders and none of them have needed such a grotesque thumb stud + speed assist. i have no doubts it performs well never did, i just think its fugly and i would rather spend my monies on that tank butter knife you speak of :).

Last edited:
yeah not a fan of natural g10... thank god they take rit really well :)
my wifes spyderco leafstorm took black rit very well but wish i went with royal blue on that one.

the echelon wouldve been much better with just its thumbstud without the holes... its just silly

yeah not a fan of natural g10... thank god they take rit really well :)
my wifes spyderco leafstorm took black rit very well but wish i went with royal blue on that one.

the echelon wouldve been much better with just its thumbstud without the holes... its just silly

You can always reverse the dye job on her leafstorm if you like. Rit makes a dye remover. I agree with leaving the stud without the hole. It kind of looks like an eye.

Okay, since many people aren't posting, here's my first locking knife...one I still carry on occasion just to remind me what got me into this EXPENSIVE hobby. I got it at the Dollar Store. Best buck I ever spent!

First_Knife_1.jpg

First_Knife_2.jpg

And this CRKT is heavy, clunky and holds a great edge. I use it as a paperweight!

CRKTThunderbolt_2.jpg

This one is also a CRKT and it's ugly in kind of a cool way. It's still in a box somewhere. I don't know what it's supposed to cut, but the slab of metal can't be sharpened much.

CRKTRyan7_5.jpg

And this S&W is kind of a folder...sort of. It's called a Powerglide:

SWPowerGlide_3.jpg

Finally, the ugliest of them all. It's an Eddie Baur. Button in the middle and a blade that looks like a humpback! Yeck...ugliest knife I've ever seen!

100.jpg

Back