• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

USPS problems.

Coincidentally I'm having my first problem with USPS ever, I had a knife on the way to me and the tracking was updating regularly, and then all of a sudden stopped after "Departing sort facility" in Philadelphia. The estimated arrival date was on thursday, and it still hasn't arrived, and nor has there been any tracking updates.

I knew it was a matter of time before a package of my got lost :(

On 2 occations my knives arrive at Spokane, Wa and then headed to other parts of the States. One stopped updating when it arrived back East but was delivered tom several days later and one went to Texas and then updated it's way back to my PO.

Don't give up hope just yet.

^I disagree with that, I find the United States Postal Service to be the best^

on many occasions my confirmation said it's out for delivery, but the package wouldn't be in my mailbox and no card would be left. i just go to the post office about 30 minutes before closing and pick my package up.

I use USPS a lot and have learned a LOT.

Always put tracking on anything important - makes a huge difference.

Always insure the package if it is of value.

When very valuable, Registered mail is slower - sometimes, but very reliable!

So, I got the knife, but I have more problems. It doesn't seem to be any combo Strider has ever release, but it seems to be legit. I'm worried someone might've swapped blade on it, in which case the warranty is void.

Their scheduled delivery has. Even accurate 99% of the time if sent Priority. Best thing to do is wait till tomorrow & contact them if it doesn't show up.

I use USPS a lot and have learned a LOT.

Always put tracking on anything important - makes a huge difference.

Always insure the package if it is of value.

When very valuable, Registered mail is slower - sometimes, but very reliable!

^ this is very good advise.

So, I got the knife, but I have more problems. It doesn't seem to be any combo Strider has ever release, but it seems to be legit. I'm worried someone might've swapped blade on it, in which case the warranty is void.

Post a pic. Someone might be able to provide some info..

I did, and asked a few people and they said it definitely wasn't fake, but when I had looked on Bladehq the only full flat ground I saw was with black G10. I figure the green hue was the camera, so when I got it(like the green better anyways), I was worried.

New to Striders eh? How's the lock up?

The lock up is great. I'd say 20-30%. It's a tad sticky though. Also, the centering is way off. I want to tighten it up and see if it fixes but I'm new to Strider's warranty so I'm not sure. I traded a 0560 straight for it which is kind of why I'm surprised.

Usually, if you're not home or they can't deliver it, they take it with them and try again the next day. After that, they leave a note on your door and tell you to come to the P.O. to sign for it and pick it up.
Sorry you've had a problem. My guys have been great...
Sonnydaze

The lock up is great. I'd say 20-30%. It's a tad sticky though. Also, the centering is way off. I want to tighten it up and see if it fixes but I'm new to Strider's warranty so I'm not sure. I traded a 0560 straight for it which is kind of why I'm surprised.
Off centering is not uncommon. In looking at the photo, the seller's finger almost looks like he is applying pressure to the blade to make it look centered. BTW, you need a spanner tool to adjust the pivot.

Off centering is not uncommon. In looking at the photo, the seller's finger almost looks like he is applying pressure to the blade to make it look centered. BTW, you need a spanner tool to adjust the pivot.

You do? I thought you could just use the hex. How much do those cost?

Back