• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

USPS problems.

Hey guys, I don't know where to put this but I'm getting irritated. I did a knife trade for a Strider SnG, that was set to be delivered today. The delivery comf. now says it's been delivered(Not at the door, no notice, and the front office doesn't have it[Apartment]) but that it's scheduled delivery is for tomorrow now. To me it's saying they came by the door and I wasn't here(Which is BS because I've been here and again, no knocking and no notice) so I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions, or anyone have a similar problem?

Contact your branch PO. They can track iot and give you a little more info then what is on line. Good luck

Ask for the Postmaster. I know mine has done some excellent sleuthing and tracking for me.

Should be able to get the local number off the USPS site. I've had to do this on occasion myself.

I've had this happen to me in the past (not USPS, but Canada Post).
It was marked as delivered then it showed up the following day.

I'd definately contact the PO and have them investigate though.

I can't seem to fin the local number. the guy didn't use signature comf. so it may just be in the mailbox, so I'll have the key later tonight. If it's not in there and doesn't come tomorrow I'll go to the post office myself and see what's going on.

I can't seem to fin the local number. the guy didn't use signature comf. so it may just be in the mailbox, so I'll have the key later tonight. If it's not in there and doesn't come tomorrow I'll go to the post office myself and see what's going on.

You started a thread on a USPS problem yet you haven't checked your own mailbox?

According to my personal experience they do not even bother to ring the bell: if the signature is required they just leave the note asking me to come to the branch to pick it up.
If signature is not required: there is no note at all, they just drop it into the box.
That is how it works in Canada.

According to my personal experience they do not even bother to ring the bell: if the signature is required they just leave the note asking me to come to the branch to pick it up.
If signature is not required: there is no note at all, they just drop it into the box.
That is how it works in Canada.

Thanks guys. I guess I'm so used to insurance and sig. comp that I didn't think they'd just drop it in the box, though I guess unless they know what's in the box they wouldn't care so much. If this thread stays up I'll update.

USPS is terrible... I ordered a book while ago(from florida to maryland) and it took 3 weeks! And with no tracking number. After 2 weeks I sent an email and I got my full refund, then a week later it arrives. I contacted the guy to schedule another payment, but no reply. Oh well, my gain, his loss =)

If it's just Delivery Conf and no signature required, then the carrier will place it in your mailbox if it fits. When I was a Carrier, we had no way of knowing what's in a box. A return address might give us a clue but it was rarely looked at. If the box does not fit, it is often left on the doorstep just like UPS/FedEx.

Half the time it seems that complaints regarding USPS are actually seller issues (i.e. shipper did not properly package item...prints postage for item, which notifies customer, but then doesn't mail it for a week...etc. etc.)

Half the time it seems that complaints regarding USPS are actually seller issues (i.e. shipper did not properly package item...prints postage for item, which notifies customer, but then doesn't mail it for a week...etc. etc.)

I see. He says it's in a really small box so it's likely in the mailbox.

Coincidentally I'm having my first problem with USPS ever, I had a knife on the way to me and the tracking was updating regularly, and then all of a sudden stopped after "Departing sort facility" in Philadelphia. The estimated arrival date was on thursday, and it still hasn't arrived, and nor has there been any tracking updates.

I knew it was a matter of time before a package of my got lost :(

I use pretty much exclusively USPS. Every once in a while I have problems, but generally, I think I get better service from USPS than any other shipping company. Had my fair share of issues with FedEX and UPS, haven't ever used DHL. UPS lost my business forever with their incredibly poor treatment of packages. I'm pretty sure those guys can break anything. Had a similar issue to the OP in that I've had a package marked as being at the post office, and then drove out there, only to find that the local delivery guy had taken it upon himself to attempt a redelivery but hadn't marked it as such. I took the time to chat with him (brought him some food and had a pleasant little chat, then asked him as a favor if he would follow a particular pattern with my packages, and haven't had any issues since). Many shipping issues stem from the local guy, but if you chat them up, they'll take special care of your packages.

Back