What did you lot EDC today?

If you laminate the snakeskin to the heavier leather and edge over it to protect the edges it'd work- i see a lot of holsters like that

the patterns on reptile skins appeal to me for blade sheaths, definitely interested if anyone gets some snake/croc leatherwork going

The skin is real thin but I bet it could be stacked over some regular leather or something. I've got a 4-5 foot diamondback skin around here somewhere, rattle and all.

Yep you kind of laminate/glue to the leather and you could just finish the edge or do an inlay style. Diamondback would be very cool as well.

Yep you kind of laminate/glue to the leather and you could just finish the edge or do an inlay style. Diamondback would be very cool as well.
eastern diamondback is a protected species here in NC, altho a timber rattler would be cool.

They protect snakes! They got folks going around counting em to see if they are rare?.

What a job! Over here they protect an endangered frog (bufo houstonensis). They were getting splattered up and down the hiway were I live so an ingenious "biologist" decided to build tunnels under the road to funnel them beneath the road and safely to the other side. What they didnt take into account was this made it paradise for the snakes. All they had to do is wait at the end of the tunnels for the frogs to pass through for an easy lunch.
They protect snakes! They got folks going around counting em to see if they are rare?.

yep we are actually in the holocene extinction event, comparable only to the great dying some 120 million years ago :D america has pretty strong conservation roots because of good ol teddy, its good that they protect them or try, but there is only so much you can do with everything changing( e.g. snakes waiting at the end of your tunnel for rare frog )

sometimes , even toad eat snake ! ( cane toad vs all wildlife in aus)
. hell, cane toads kill sugar cane fields,lol. been a major issue in hawaii for some time. hey pugs, can copperhead skin be bought, or does it have to me caught,and made?

If your lookin to hire somebody to catch you one don't be calling bawanna. Won't be enough left to make a dime pouch. I'd have to use my side by side scatter gun with the triggers hooked together.

I take no prisoners when it comes to snakes.

Course if the fee is high enough I reckon my mind could be changed. Have to find a picture of one so I make sure I catch the right one.

bawanna, washington has no copperheads, only rattlers and bigfoots, or at least that is what they claim.:)

Well heck, that's gonna complicate the mission some. I'm comfy noting the lack of them for sure.

Maybe I could catch ya a bigfoot? I'll keep a look out for one.

personally I would love a bigfoot line of scabbards for my HI blades, must leave on some of the shag fur but I demand it be descented---pugs keep that in mind if you see anything that is big, apey and furry , just shoot it and make some of the best pugs pants ever

Well I reckon I'll just direct ship any bigfoots I ketch to Pugs and yall can work out the fine details betwixt yourselves.
I can see it now. bawanna, bigfoot hunter.

Maybe I'll get me own reality TV show. Have to hire folks to count my money. Kamis driving around in Mercedes, Auntie living in a palace in Reno. Free Khuk Wednesdays for the gang.

Gosh durn this is starting to be a nice little dream. I better find someplace and take a little nap.

Bawanna, If you decide to go out bigfoot hunting be sure to not drift south of Tacoma. Might mistakenly shoot my Dragon-In-Law, She is hairy and scary enough I thought bigfoot for sure when I first met her. Then when she opened her mouth and fire and brimstone poured out I figured she was a dragon in disguise so D-I-L. LOL.

I steer completely clear of Tacoma, not enough daylight hours to be safe. It's sort of the septic tank for Seattle.

Back