What do you cheat on your Busse with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, and yes I am very impressed with Peter Kohler's work-I too ordered a couple more of the Grizzlies!!!
VERY nice!:thumbup::D:thumbup: I just ordered another Dark Timber Grizzly myself; I love that blade shape!!!;):thumbup:

Ok, throwing my addictions in the mix.. love me some GIANT FIXED blades. Recently picked up the grail = Moab which is in the pic for size comparison but here we go:)

c90ef106cdf07d4546f3b13d52e922d0.jpg

I guess you could classify some as machetes or short swords!LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, throwing my addictions in the mix.. love me some GIANT FIXED blades. Recently picked up the grail = Moab which is in the pic for size comparison but here we go:)

Hey what's the top knife in this picture? That thing is badass! Awesome collection.

There are some Ugly Brutes there.... Could we please have a List of names???

Thanks a bunch,
Lawrie

I have long wanted one of Pete Winkler's blades. Here is his Nessmuk dressed in black and white ebony with g10 liners.

I love the lines of his work.

Regards,
Dicko.

Whoops meant to name them off..

1. Miller bros - M4s
2 self reliance essentials - kodiac
2. Guy Mendel, ronin blades - custom build
4. Miller bros - M19
5. Of course we all know this beast!! - Moab
6. Dry creek forge - super khuk
7. TM HUNT - m18

Thanks all!

Last edited:
Miller Bros makes such incredibly awesome blades. I got my first blade from them right before they got super popular and I haven't been able to get back on their waiting list for another monster dagger. Most beautiful edge I have ever seen put on a blade.

I'm loving the Miller Brothers blades. How do they compare to the Busses? Is there a particular steel you found best by them (it looks like they offer 3 different steels). I may need to take a slight break from the Busses and explore some of their offerings.

I'm loving the Miller Brothers blades. How do they compare to the Busses? Is there a particular steel you found best by them (it looks like they offer 3 different steels). I may need to take a slight break from the Busses and explore some of their offerings.

Hey twiz!

MBB offers high quality work and unique designs... however as of late they have really blown up and can cost upwards of your larger and / or custom BUSSE options. They make most in the 3 options of steel listed and some of the older models have variances.. prolly tinkering early on I would assume! I have a few 5160's and some Zwear. Personally the Zwear is my favorite and holds an edge just fine for my needs. There stock options are similar to BUSSE in the way you can get 1/4, or 5/16... plus some are offer in thinner options depending on the model. The M19 and m4s are the true favs in my book... however would love a jungle sword (on the grail list).

In the name of truth there sheath options are outstanding and have a number (100's) of combinations and add on's. Not to bash or hurt anyone's sensitive side here on a BUSSE forum, it's nice to have a custom sheath included:)

All in all I regard both BUSSE and MBB in the same light. Different in many ways but quite cultish in nature...(personally I can't stop:/) their service is great and with me they have always taken the time to talk through things, take advice and provide it... especially on their custom jobs. Prices are high but quality in workmanship is what you would expect! On a final note I love buying from fellow Ohioans and both BUSSE and MBB check that box for me:)

Well shoot.. I talked up the sheaths with out backing it up:).. here we are, Sheaths for a few MBB's
015901acf69827b72144f5cd64a45eca.jpg

Those are sweet as hell! I stumbled upon them maybe a year ago but ended up going with the Busses. I went back on their site yesterday and it looks like their prices shot up a lot. I'd definitely want to grab one or 2 from them this year so I can compare them. The custom sheath is how every knife should come.

Those are sweet as hell! I stumbled upon them maybe a year ago but ended up going with the Busses. I went back on their site yesterday and it looks like their prices shot up a lot. I'd definitely want to grab one or 2 from them this year so I can compare them. The custom sheath is how every knife should come.

Agreed, sheaths should never be over looked!! Keep an eye out on the secondary markets, sure will save a bunch, time and money possibly. I cringe to say it.. but even eBay turns up a few from time to time! The middle (m4s) has the back carry system which is just tits:) unfortunately had to sell off a handful of microtech's to afford it, LOL!

Hey twiz!

MBB offers high quality work and unique designs... however as of late they have really blown up and can cost upwards of your larger and / or custom BUSSE options. They make most in the 3 options of steel listed and some of the older models have variances.. prolly tinkering early on I would assume! I have a few 5160's and some Zwear. Personally the Zwear is my favorite and holds an edge just fine for my needs. There stock options are similar to BUSSE in the way you can get 1/4, or 5/16... plus some are offer in thinner options depending on the model. The M19 and m4s are the true favs in my book... however would love a jungle sword (on the grail list).

In the name of truth there sheath options are outstanding and have a number (100's) of combinations and add on's. Not to bash or hurt anyone's sensitive side here on a BUSSE forum, it's nice to have a custom sheath included:)

All in all I regard both BUSSE and MBB in the same light. Different in many ways but quite cultish in nature...(personally I can't stop:/) their service is great and with me they have always taken the time to talk through things, take advice and provide it... especially on their custom jobs. Prices are high but quality in workmanship is what you would expect! On a final note I love buying from fellow Ohioans and both BUSSE and MBB check that box for me:)

I saw that they said they make spears but I've never seen one they made. I would like two: 1 the Spear of Matt Cauthon from the Wheel of Time books and one more traditional combat/hunting spear. Would like both with carbon fiber shafts!

I wouldn't really call this cheating since Busse doesn't make folders <yet>, but I scored this guy yesterday. Been hunting a Dalibor Unnamed for over a year!

64c672df8d74a949cf880f959fa2e002.jpg

I saw that they said they make spears but I've never seen one they made. I would like two: 1 the Spear of Matt Cauthon from the Wheel of Time books and one more traditional combat/hunting spear. Would like both with carbon fiber shafts!

I wouldn't really call this cheating since Busse doesn't make folders <yet>, but I scored this guy yesterday. Been hunting a Dalibor Unnamed for over a year!

64c672df8d74a949cf880f959fa2e002.jpg

That there is a beauty sir!!

Congrats on the Honey Badger, They are a Great knife, I have the 1911 Elite in the same color Combination (Black Canvas with Natural Canvas Inserts)! The Grizzlies are also Crazy Good!!!
RzlBXY6.jpg

I still want a Grizzly, but haven't found one yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back