What do you like in a Bush knife?

You might want to be careful who you sell to or maybe get a deposit up front. Seen a few makers on the boards get ripped off. It's not a common thing but it does happen. Good luck.

, those were my first three unassisted knives. I ground more knives out to practice my grinding, but I havent finished them. I got alot of help from Bill Akers while making three knives up at his place

In general I have to like the looks of a knife then efficent geometry , then steel and hardness , there is no specific order as I ask for all of these qualities . I might end up with an ugly knife along the way but it would be a slicing , diceing and cutting whiz for sure so far my preference is a 4-5" long 1/4" thick flat ground wilow leaf shaped blade in D-2 zero ground to convexed is a good edge/grind too.

Likes=

Full Grinds, Convex Edges, Thin(er) blades, slightly oversize handles (Length and Girth), fine point that is not overly fragile, Blade width is not a huge deal breaker as long as it thins out to a good cutting surface. I.E. thicker = Wider

Dislikes=

Choils, Overly thick spines, coated blades, thin short handles, sabre grinds

Last edited:
Back