When is a time that you really wished you had one other tool on your SAK?

I want the OHO Trekker with scissors and hoofpick. Or, alternately, the Equestrian with OHO blade and scissors. I have both knives so I could make it happen, I suppose.

Zieg

One time at a Willie Nelson show there were these two old hippie guys sitting in front of me. Biker types. They must have spent their last dime on the concert tickets, 'cause they were so broke they had to share a cigarette. It wasn't even the store-bought kind, and smelled something awful.

They kept smoking and passing it back and forth til it was just a little burning nub. I reached in my pocket to fetch my SAK. I was gonna offer 'em the use of my tweezers so they could hold onto that smelly thing and not get burned. Unfortunately, I was carrying an alox Soldier with no tweezers.

I wish there was a SAK with an inline (preferably locking) 3/32" Allen wrench.

A bit of background: I volunteer as an adult mentor to a FIRST Robotics team. The team's build season lasts from early January to...about now, actually. One of the most common tools that we use is the 3/32" Allen wrench, due to the large number of motors, locking collars, robot electronics, etc. that use that size bolt. The team has a number of sets of the Bondus yellow T-handle Allen wrenches, and the smallest size (3/32") is ALWAYS in use. We use it so much that the students just call it "the small T-handle" and they are always grabbing it from each other because there just aren't enough of them to go around.

I've often wished for a SAK with the tools of, for instance, a Ranger (blades, driver/openers, saw, file, scissors) with the addition of a 3/32" Allen wrench with a half-stop slipjoint similar to the caplifter/driver. I would use that all the time.

One time at a Willie Nelson show there were these two old hippie guys sitting in front of me. Biker types. They must have spent their last dime on the concert tickets, 'cause they were so broke they had to share a cigarette. It wasn't even the store-bought kind, and smelled something awful.

They kept smoking and passing it back and forth til it was just a little burning nub. I reached in my pocket to fetch my SAK. I was gonna offer 'em the use of my tweezers so they could hold onto that smelly thing and not get burned. Unfortunately, I was carrying an alox Soldier with no tweezers.

recalling my pothead days, can confirm SAK tweezers do make a great roach clip.

File for me as well... I carry a Huntsman every day, but on infrequent occasions, I have to retrieve the Swiss Champ for the file.

Finger nail file. I cannot stand snags on my finger nails. I use the file on a classic nearly every day. If the super tinker had a file incorporated somehow, it would be the perfect SAK for me. I'd carry just the Super Tinker a lot more if it had a file. As is, it must be paired with a classic. Now, it isn't a huge deal because that is the case with every knife I carry, they all need to be paired with a classic or an MT with a little file.

Finger nail file. I cannot stand snags on my finger nails. I use the file on a classic nearly every day. If the super tinker had a file incorporated somehow, it would be the perfect SAK for me. I'd carry just the Super Tinker a lot more if it had a file. As is, it must be paired with a classic. Now, it isn't a huge deal because that is the case with every knife I carry, they all need to be paired with a classic or an MT with a little file.
The SAKs with a file aren’t right for you? How about the Deluxe Tinker?

If the super tinker had a file incorporated somehow, it would be the perfect SAK for me.
The SAKs with a file aren’t right for you? How about the Deluxe Tinker?
Something must have gotten lost in translation. I love the SAK nail file. I wish the super tinker had one.

Something definitely got lost at some point along the way, because the Deluxe Tinker doesn't have a file. :confused:

Have you looked at the evolution S14? It's close but not an exact match.

O.B.
I'd love to replace all the small blades with a file like that! I don't dig the molded handles and only tolerate the cork screw if I must.

I wish there was a SAK with an inline (preferably locking) 3/32" Allen wrench.

A bit of background: I volunteer as an adult mentor to a FIRST Robotics team. The team's build season lasts from early January to...about now, actually. One of the most common tools that we use is the 3/32" Allen wrench, due to the large number of motors, locking collars, robot electronics, etc. that use that size bolt. The team has a number of sets of the Bondus yellow T-handle Allen wrenches, and the smallest size (3/32") is ALWAYS in use. We use it so much that the students just call it "the small T-handle" and they are always grabbing it from each other because there just aren't enough of them to go around.

I've often wished for a SAK with the tools of, for instance, a Ranger (blades, driver/openers, saw, file, scissors) with the addition of a 3/32" Allen wrench with a half-stop slipjoint similar to the caplifter/driver. I would use that all the time.
There is a way to get that, sort of. Buy the Victorinox cybertool of your choice. There are 4 to choose from, at least in theory. Go to ebay and buy a 1/8 to 1/4 hex adapter. Searching for Victorinox cybertool should bring it up. Then buy a set of 1/4 inch hex based allens. But I doubt that either the hex adapter or the allen would fit in the Victorinox bit storage holder. So I'm not sure how practical the setup would be.

O.B.

Back