“What I did on my vacation.” By Ron Andersen

I feel like I’m in third grade, but Krizzard did ask in another thread about my vacation experiences, so I feel obliged.

My goal was to really unwind, so I didn’t schedule fixing the broken hinges on closet doors, adjusting my automatic garage door opener, building the six VHS/CD/DVD shelves I’ve bought, or any of those other insane tasks that clutter up my “To Do” list. They all went undone! :)

I’ve been working on buying up all the James Bond movies and am almost there (I think they’re all bought, one or two are yet to arrive). Needless to say, my boys (ages three and six) and I spent a good amount of time watching 007 in action! :D I’m not sure the movies are really age appropriate for my kids, but it really is cute hearing them running around the house at all hours humming the theme to James Bond.

We did take a trip up into Canada scheduled for three days (four days, three nights). It is only about a two hour drive from Seattle to Vancouver, B.C. It turned out to be extended by one day because I got hit with what I think was food poisoning (or something similar). I was one sick puppy for about 24 hours straight and pretty weak for the next day. That aside, we went to Gas Town, the Imax Theater (saw the Space Station in 3D and Amazing Caves), Stanley Park, the Vancouver Aquarium (my son was able to see the sharks fed...he loves sharks), saw the fireworks display from Spain over the bay (we had a fair view from our hotel), went to a 1920’s village museum in Burnaby, and had some great food.

The boarder crossing both ways was a breeze. We were prepped, so we had good birth certificate documentation on our kids to prevent problems with crossing. We waited only 35 minutes going north and 55 minutes coming south (better than anticipated). The officers at the booths only asked a brief question or two and we sailed through.

All in all, a very relaxing time. I saw a lot of my wife and boys...something I really needed!

Let me give a special thanks here to Rob (Bobby B) for keeping watch over the SOG Forum while I’ve been away. He is certainly one of the good guys and I greatly appreciate him. Thanks, Rob!

I’ve given a very brief look through threads from the last week or so. If there is an issue you would like me to address, bring it back to my attention.

Thanks!

...So, no problems at the border (in either direction) with your knives?

BTW...WELCOME BACK!.:).

My trustly Night Vision goes everywhere with me...even across the boarder.

Dann: They asked if I had any "weapons." I only had a pocket knife.

Originally posted by Ron@SOG
...Dann: They asked if I had any "weapons." I only had a pocket knife.

Ron,

It's good to "see" that the person who asked you that question must have understood that knives (pocket knives) are ONLY tools, and NOT weapons (unless they are USED in that manner).:).

Originally posted by glockman99

Ron,

It's good to "see" that the person who asked you that question must have understood that knives (pocket knives) are ONLY tools, and NOT weapons (unless they are USED in that manner).:).
He and I did not have a discussion on tool vs. weapon. My car would make a much more deadly weapon than a little frickin' Night Visioin. ;)

Originally posted by Ron@SOG
He and I did not have a discussion on tool vs. weapon. My car would make a much more deadly weapon than a little frickin' Night Visioin. ;)

...Sure, but at least he didn't have you yanked out of your car and strip-searched, looking for that DANGEROUS little pocket-knife...:D.

...Sure, but at least he didn't have you yanked out of your car and strip-searched...:D.

...and that's in spite of Ron's pleading!!!;)
Just kidding!!! Welcome back, glad you finally got some R&R
Rob
:D

No easy-going for the "well-rested" here. I've come back to a "pile." I'm going on 14 hours straight without a break. What a welcome back reception. ;)

FC Yuk and I may have to take a drive out that way just to see what it's like down that side.

We'll buy ya a coffee or somethin' Ron!:D

Originally posted by BOK
FC Yuk and I may have to take a drive out that way just to see what it's like down that side.

We'll buy ya a coffee or somethin' Ron!:D
You're on!

Ron,

I know that this is way off-topic, but by any-chance, do you have plans on going to the NWKC knife-show in Puyallup (at the fairgrounds) this coming October (5th & 6th)? I'll be there on one of the two days.:).

PS...I'll be the big guy wearing the SOG polo shirt!.:D.

Hey Dann,
Ron...do you have plans on going to the NWKC knife-show in Puyallup (at the fairgrounds) this coming October (5th & 6th)?
I work way too much and don't have much time to get out and "mingle" at local shows. It does sound tempting, though. If you have some specific info, why do you send it my way. Most of the "mingling" I do is based out of SOG's facilities (and local eating establishments).

Ron,

Here is a link to the NWKC web-site, with info on the up-coming knife show:
http://www.nwkc.org/

PS...It might be good "exposure" for "SOG" to show-up at the knife-show, since it is a "local" one.:).

Folks, wasn't it just like having a vacation togather with our moderator?
What an excellent example of a good family man. And it should come as no surprise that he turns out to be a pretty normal guy, what with the type of "exciting" job he's currently holding in a major cutlery concern like SOG Knives:).
I don't know about your vacations Ron, but your working life is certainly a vacation to die for.
Speaking of which, my only wished was that Obi Ron could have taken some "vacationing knife" pictures.
(You know.. main foreground image of EDC and background of all the great places its been.)

As for our Vice-moderator: Thank you Bobby B for "cutting" us some slack.

All in all I am glad that Obi Ron has gotten back in one piece none so than Booby B I imagine.

Welcome home Ron!

Krizzard, out.

Back