“Ivory” Bowie

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Finished this Bad Boy up on Thanksgiving :) 16.25in OA with an 11in blade of .25 5160. I used some ivory G10 and brass pins for my scales. I recently became aware of ivory G10 and I really like it!!! I couldn’t bring myself to pay for real ivory and now with all the legal hassles, it’s just not an option I’d entertain. This new G10 gets me close enough for my needs :D This is a large blade but only weighs in at 19oz! I was kinda sorta channeling some influences of older Shiva Ki blades I have seen. Especially the one featured in an old Gung Ho magazine special edition. I’m very happy with the results!!!!!
View attachment 1463167 View attachment 1463168

Last edited:
Shiva Ki how I remember him. Years ago about 40 years ago he offered to teach me how to make knives. I would have had to move to his location and we just had a newborn to attend too, so it didn't happen with moving and all. He made some sweet blades that's for sure, I always liked the mercenary knife he made. Knife looks great Bill nice work.

Looks great Bill! That color of material is harder to work with because you have to keep it so clean when using the belts, you did a great job.

Back