๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅUltra Lightweight Hollow Handle EDC Knifeโš”๏ธโš”๏ธ

yep good call on the longer knurling...

newest prototype looks good. just needs a 4" blade now.....๐Ÿ˜‰

Lol, I know. Here's the best part though, I redesigned the internals of several models to allow scaling up. If these PACKLites go well, and they have done excellent so far in pre sales, I have set this up as a platform and several blade designs/sizes will easily be possible. A lot of fun ahead, potentially.

Thank you for the continued feedback, believe me it is appreciated.๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ”ฅ

Lol, fair enough. I already make those versions, just not mid-techs. The B.U.S.H. Knife and the S.A.F.E. Knife. And thank you!:cool::cool:

fUl9zL0.jpg

Tnj6NV6.jpg

Sam

OK, some more details on the finishes, and I am interested in feedback. As mentioned, on the base model of the PACKLite the blade will have a GunKote finish and the guard, handle and buttcap will have a high quality custom anodized finish. Having the entire knife finished in GunKote will be available for a modest upgrade, but it is too labor intensive for the base model.

I am trying to get the anodized finish as close as possible to the GunKote, and believe we have come about as far as reasonably possible. The anodizing is very flat as far as sheen, so they will never be a perfect match. But in the picture below, the anodized is on the left, and GunKote is on the right. What does everyone think?

To reiterate, ALL of the blades will be finished in GunKote, and everything else will be anodized, for the base model. Feedback welcome.

QId9Tm7.jpeg

Sam

I like the dull anodized look.. I think if it's a deal breaker for anyone however.. they should be beaten with soap in a sock. It's gona look great either way and even better with some dirt on em :)

Lol, I don't disagree. Wanted to get some input, but I think they're going to look slick whether you get the full GunKote or the base model. Thanks for the feedback!

Sam๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘

close enough in my book. its different but should blend between blade and rest of the knife.

I got one other set of samples in and believe we have a winner. This is supposed to be a higher quality anodizing, also.

QKT5dAu.jpeg

Sam

And thank you, trying to get these as perfect and functional as the budget allows!๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘
ya know just a thought.....why not leave blade uncoated on these. many dont care about coating and its a decent stainless. ya got the rest of the knife anodized. if ya got too many coat fans, do an upgrade....if it's not a logistical mess to do that?

BTW I like the last anodized to gunkote matchup best.....so far....

jbmonkey jbmonkey Thank you for the feedback! I like the last matchup best, also.

The coating was part of the original product, and so far I have only had a handful of requests (relatively) for uncoated versions. There are a few other things, like having too many options and potential variations that just make it simpler to do all coated. The only other real option at this point is fully blasted, which is simple to do after assembly.

If this takes off and I do more runs, options will likely increase down the road. But I need to keep it manageable in the beginning. Thanks again for feedback, all of it has been invaluable to me in this process.๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Sam๐Ÿ”ฅ

Back