1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

[09/01 Update] Counterfeit Bear Grylls Ultimate Pro Fixed Blade.Fake or New package?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Pasteur291, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Pasteur291

Pasteur291

Dec 28, 2016
    Hi all,

I just bought this knife from Amazon and it sold by Amazon officially. However it seems that the package are different with other reviewers and my brother one. So I'm so confuse that it is a counterfeit product or just because the package has updated? I'm really appreciate if you can help me to identify that.:D:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you for your patient.:cool:

[30/12 Update]

Due to Gerber custom service haven't replied me in 3 days, I ordered a replacement from Amazon and it arrived today in original packaging like below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The quality of the replacement is obviously better than the suspicion one. (less runner and gate)

You can see that the Black package (The counterfeit suspicion) show the wrong sharpener structure on the front.
    I'm not 100% sure it is a fake or not but definitely it is a low level mistake.

Hope this will help anyone who confuse this counterfeit knife. :D:D

Btw, I'm still waiting the reply Gerber custom service, hopefully they all still alive.:rolleyes:

09/01 Update:

Finally Gerber gave me a reply today and said they recently undergone a packaging change, therefore BOTH of them are genuine product. (Took 11 days to reply)

But just like what I mentioned on the previous update, the revision.E got a even worst build quality and the sharpener picture on the package was wrong (I have cycle it on below image). I don't think Gerber should make this careless mistake, may be they just don't care the information on the package is correct or not.

[​IMG]

Again, hope this will help anyone who confuse this counterfeit knife. And this experience will let me avoid any BG product in the future.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  2. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Looks like it would in the case at Walmart, so I wouldn't worry.

3. EDCanAdamas

EDCanAdamas

Sep 8, 2013
    It's genuine. I don't think anyone is counterfeiting Gerber Bear Grylls ;)

4. Poez

Poez

Jul 5, 2010
    Should not worry. Will not affect the quality anyway.

5. Dknight16

Dknight16 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2013
    ^--- lol!

6. JD Mandrell

JD Mandrell Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2001
    Legit, Menard's got in dozens of them in that new packaging for Christmas.

7. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    OH ! You'd be surprised, they definitely do counterfeit the Gerber BG knives.
    You can usually tell by the orange color being a bit off in shade compared to the real ones.

I'd bet the quality on them isn't any different on the counterfeits though.
    I would give the BG line another chance if they were made in America, but I won't give a third chance to a Chinese product after 2 failures of 2 different examples in 1 week. Some people may disagree but to me a Chinese knife is just something you buy because it's decent for the sub 20$ price, but not actually something good to be proud of and aren't worthy of third chances.

Anyways I hope the op is satisfied with his new knife, and that he doesn't experience the same low level of quality that I have experienced with the BG line.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  8. wilsonj1018

wilsonj1018

Nov 7, 2014
    actually it might would be better ROFL

9. Pasteur291

Pasteur291

Dec 28, 2016

Thank you so much, have a good day!

10. Smokinape

Smokinape

Jan 21, 2011
    I think you might be wrong...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

11. Pasteur291

Pasteur291

Dec 28, 2016
    After open box, I found the build quality is just.... you know, made in china~ but the knife is not all junk, it still cut. But if I have a second choice, I will buy strongarm instead of Bear Grylls and I definitely will avoid all Bear Grylls series product in the future.