1 CRK Knife For 1 Year!

It wasn’t any knife that kicked it out of my pocket. I purposefully chose to stop the challenge. Been working on myself a lot lately and pride is a major struggle for me. I was only doing the challenge for prideful reasons so I decided to stop doing it to humble myself......
Well...OK...We each need to do what we need to do, and so I offer my best personal wishes and best of luck to you. Your intentionally quitting this challenge >2 weeks short of a full year speaks volumes about your ability to stick with your chosen path for as long as you choose. You could have just as easily stuck with it for 52, 62, 72 or however many weeks, or even (“X number of") months or years if you chose to--with NO evidence of being “prideful". Just be sure to remember that you don’t have to be self-destructive or condemn yourself to failures in order to avoid being what you call “prideful” (said the guy who’s been down that path...).

Just a personal feeling, but carrying one CRK for a year isn't prideful for me. If anything, it’s been the exact opposite of that. Leaving other knives that cost >2X as much as my CRK (Shiro 95T, CF/M390 111, etc) in a drawer while EDCing my chosen CRK for ~11 months was difficult for a while, but I’ve gotten used to it. Again just personally--I’ve been trying to envision (starting next year) picking what to carry every day for that day out of my knife collection. I’m having a lot of trouble picturing that kind of silly, self-indulgent and frivolous level of freedom. If anything, I’m also getting closer to the idea of selling off most of my knives and keeping just a small core group of the ones I know I’ll carry and use all the time. I guess now we’ll see if I can successfully finish the year I’ve been shooting for.

Last edited:
5 Down, 7 To Go!

Shown here with my *least* favorite piece of outdoor equipment - the snowblower!

G0bv6t6.jpg

Another month down and only December left to go. It seemed that the months dragged on when I was only a few months into it, but it’s also seemed that the last couple months have gone by pretty quickly.

I started EDCing my large Star-Benza exclusively some time around mid-12/2018, so I’m now past the one year point. I’m going to stick with it for at least a while longer. I’m waiting for a couple deep carry clips I ordered for two other Sebenzas that I intend to put back into regular EDC rotation use and the clips won’t get to me for at least another week. As a result, I’ll be sticking with my Star-Benza for at least another week or longer.

I started EDCing my large Star-Benza exclusively some time around mid-12/2018, so I’m now past the one year point. I’m going to stick with it for at least a while longer. I’m waiting for a couple deep carry clips I ordered for two other Sebenzas that I intend to put back into regular EDC rotation use and the clips won’t get to me for at least another week. As a result, I’ll be sticking with my Star-Benza for at least another week or longer.

*** Congrats to Stumpy72 Stumpy72 as the FIRST winner of the 1 Year CRK Challenge!!! ***

@firefighterguy I think you get an honorable mention for coming so close, but bowing out at the last minute.

With the holidays and all the year end stuff I'm trying to finish, I completely forgot to post my pic, too.

Going strong for 6 months now!!!

URWnhan.jpg

I did the one knife, one light and one gun thing for 2 years a couple years back and it was refreshing and free...Then I lost my way and I’ve stumbled around for a couple years looking for “ the one”. I’ve just finished my purge of knives, lights and guns so I’m ready to join this brave group.
A small micarta insingo will arrive tomorrow to take its place along side the HDS and 43x. I’ll be back in the requisite two weeks to officially begin my journey home.

I did the one knife, one light and one gun thing for 2 years a couple years back and it was refreshing and free...Then I lost my way and I’ve stumbled around for a couple years looking for “ the one”. I’ve just finished my purge of knives, lights and guns so I’m ready to join this brave group. A small micarta insingo will arrive tomorrow to take its place along side the HDS and 43x. I’ll be back in the requisite two weeks to officially begin my journey home.
Good luck! You’ve already done this exercise (and x3, for 2 years at that!), so one knife for one year should be a cake walk for you.

Good luck! You’ve already done this exercise (and x3, for 2 years at that!), so one knife for one year should be a cake walk for you.

Thank you. However I’m afraid it’s going to be more like quitting smoking again then a cake walk! I
Know I can do it and I hope it brings the peace it did before. I look forward to the challenge.

Back