1 million knives recalled

Tis why I don't buy knives at places like Harbor Freight. Junk for the most part! Toss them in the trash or metal recycler.

But the fact that there is a recall is interesting. I see a big law suit going to happen between Harbor Freight and the importer.

I own some Harbor Freight tools. I've never had a problem with them.

But I'd never suggest to anyone to buy one of those knives. Even my poor arse has standards.

I hope no one else gets hurt either.

APB alert.
be on the look out for possible
dangerous suspect last known
to be seen in about a million
different places...

HF-knife.jpg

Not all buying high end. That gave me a chuckle! Most do not buy high end.

I don't buy power tools from Harbor Freight unless it is a one use item and I can foresee no future need for it. Hence, I own one HF power tool and it was used once. Harbor Freight is not a common store that I visit for any reason.

The sales volume is precisely why importers want to have their stuff sold at places like Walmart and Harbor Freight. Even at a profit of $1 each, that is still a million $ and you can bet HF also made at least a dollar each.

Chinese. One word says it all

J E made Knifes comes from China. They make excellent knifes at a very good price point.
Harbor Freight serves a definite market. People that need a tool for specific purpose that do use it on a regular basis.
Then there are people that can not afford high dollar tools. Yes, tools should be SAFE regardless of the cost.
Companies in the USA have recalls and errors will be made regardless of the country.
I would suggest that most people on this site have used Harbor Freight at one time or the other with good results.

I'll say it again, I wouldn't ever walk into a Harbor Freight store again let alone buy something from them. What I saw the first couple of times was enough to amuse me . . . and frighten me off for good.
For people who don't know tools they have lots of Barbie and Mickey Mouse facades. Enjoy.

According to the articles I've read, there's been seven reported instances (no doubt there's been many that went unreported) of the knives failing to lock. Of which four required medical attention.

I find myself more curious about how many of those are actually due to misuse or simple stupidity. And no, I'm not counting buying a 5$ knife from harbor freight as stupidity. Even tho it is;)

:) I don't have any numbers to prove it , but I suspect that most knives sold are somewhere in the great in-between .

Not really either "high end" or totally unsafe to use absolute junk . Most are probably somewhere in the middle , IMO . ;)

I would NOT equate Walmart to Harbor FS . Walmart is easy to return stuff to and pretty good about it . They don't want to sell stuff that is total junk and have to take a return . They used to have good name brand knives , at least on-line . Less so now , maybe due to MAP pricing ? :(

It is a common misconception that Hillbillies are dumb. I married two and I can report with confidence that this is simply untrue.

Walmart has a great return policy. HF is certainly not WM. Also HF is not Northern Tools. They carry pretty good stuff!

Back