1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10" bladed JackHammer

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Private Klink, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    "Let there be light, and lo, there was the 10" bladed JackHammer".:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

2. Will York

Will York Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Thy 10" bladed JackHammer and thy staff, they comfort me.

3. Busto

Busto KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 26, 2011
    Was checking the line up and one of the Un-Usual suspects is missing...10" Blade Jackhammer...:eek::eek::eek:

4. Private Klink

May 30, 2017
    Make it so!:D:thumbsup:

5. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Show us that INFI KlinkHammer!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. Private Klink

May 30, 2017
    NOW you're talking!!!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

7. evltcat

Mar 7, 2011
    Today's my B-day. The 10" bladed JackHammer would have made a great B-Day present...

I'm okay with a belated announcement Jerry!! ;)

8. Private Klink

May 30, 2017
    Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY E/C!:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

9. Currawong

Currawong Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2012
    Happy Birthday brother !! :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

10. Private Klink

May 30, 2017
    I wonder if E/C celebrated by getting himself another knife???:D

11. Will York

Jan 21, 2000
    Happy Belated Birthday EC!:thumbsup:

12. evltcat

Mar 7, 2011
    Nope, waiting for a 10" bladed KlinkHammer and a BG MOAB!!!!! :D

Thanks Guys!!!

13. Private Klink

May 30, 2017
    Great choices E/C!!!;):thumbsup: But I hope you had a great birthday anyway.

14. Private Klink

May 30, 2017
    Have I mentioned that I would like for Jerry to release the 10" bladed JackHammer?:rolleyes:

15. Private Klink

May 30, 2017
    Too close to the bottom!:eek:

16. evltcat

Mar 7, 2011
    I wants my KlinkHammer too!!!

17. evltcat

Mar 7, 2011
    I'm thinking a KlinkHammer would go just perfect with my hiking outfit. ;)

18. Currawong

Currawong Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2012
    I did an overnight pig hunt night before last. We went out into a large pine forest (a plantation), some of which had been cut down a year or two ago. The landscape was a carpet of chewed up soil, rocks, stumps and old pine branches (often lying a foot or two above the ground) - difficult stuff to get through, particularly in the dark. Over the top of that, giant piles of blackberry grew everywhere - five or ten metres wide and three or more metres high. We would drive around in the 4WD ute (4x4 truck) with pig dogs in the back. When the dogs jumped out, they had the scent of a pig and would chase it until they caught it - no matter where it went. We would then have to bail out and chase after them on foot, running through all that mess in the dark using head torches. It's a good obstacle course for sure.

We ended up getting an adult sow and a large adolescent boar (just before it got its tusks, but it was still 50% bigger than the sow). The sow was only about 300m away but the boar went closer to a kilometre. Both of them ran right into the middle of giant piles of blackberry to hide, with the dog close on their heels. When you get there, all you can see is thorns and leaves and darkness (the torches can't penetrate). All you can hear is squealing, grunting, and barking coming from the middle. If its a boar it might kill the dog, or do a runner as soon as it knows people are there, so you have to get in there as fast as possible. You just throw yourself at the blackberry and push your way in. I was carrying a Mountainmandu Proto as a pig sticker, but it turns out it's also good for cutting blackberry. The only way we got in quickly was using that knife to hack our way in. Both pigs ended up getting shot (we were so tangled up we couldn't reach them to use a knife).

Anyway, the point of this story is that a 10" bladed JackHammer would be perfect for this situation, even better than a mountainmadu proto. It would make a better pig sticker because the clip point puts the tip in a better position for stabbing and the swedge would make it penetrate better. It would probably cut blackberry better because it's also a light 3/16" blade but the heavier handle and different balance point would make it 'snap' faster, which is good for light springy vegetation. And it's INFI !! It's a tool that can stick a pig, cut blackberry and even chop branches out of the way.

I need this knife !! :) :cool:

Sow on left, boar on right. Sorry for potato quality.

[​IMG]

Scouting the area the day before, here's the pig digging that told us there was a boar around. That's the experienced dog, the bailer.

[​IMG]

Blackberry bush growing around some rocks. It's in a hollow so it's probably a few metres high even though it doesn't look it.

[​IMG]

My mate scouting with the younger dog, still on a lead because its in training. You can see it's got a GPS collar on for when it runs so we can find it again.

[​IMG]

The knife I was using - a Mountainmandu Proto with a 10" blade. A 10" bladed Jackhammer would be the same dimensions as this but with a heavier handle and a better blade shape (plus a guard to stop your hand sliding forwards onto the blade, which the mountainmandu is missing).

[​IMG]

Bring on the 10" bladed Jackhammer - the ultimate pig sticker, wood chopper and blackberry cutter in INFI !! :thumbsup:

19. Will York

Jan 21, 2000
    Pork for Pork:thumbsup: Great story and pics, Currawong! Bring on the 10” bladed JackHammer!:cool:

20. Private Klink

May 30, 2017
    What those ^^^ Hogs said!:cool::thumbsup: