100 Pacer

45Shooter

Gold Member
I've wanted this knife ever since it came out but put off getting it because I thought it overpriced. Before Cold Steel changed over to s35vn, you could get a 4 inch Talwar for around $90 and the 5.5 inch XL model for about $135. All three models have CTS-HXP steel and G10 scales so I thought the $233 asked for the Hundred Pacer was just a bit ridiculous - more than a bit, really. When I saw it on Amazon for $177 and simultaneously got a gift card from work for $100, I jumped on it even though I would have to wait three weeks for delivery. For $77 to me, I got one of the best knives I've ever ordered. Aesthetically, I absolutely love it. I am a huge fan of persian style upswept blades and love big folders. Due to the width of the knife, it actually looks bigger than it is. The aforementioned 4 inch Talwar is a bit longer in length but looks smaller because the width is so much less. Ergonomically, the Pacer feels great to my hand - YMMV. Fit and finish wise, It's just about perfect - the only very nitpicky criticism I have is that the primary edge bevel is very slightly wider at the tip than the heel and the plunge line on the left side is a hair forward of the right side. Everything else is exemplary. Lock up has no play in any direction and it is shaving sharp ootb. It's light for such a large knife, flips open smoothly and unlocks easily. Centering is spot on, the clip has the perfect amount of tension and the scales are grippy without being too aggressive. I'm ecstatic over getting such a beautiful knife in such a great bargain. If you like big boys and persian style blades and can stand the tariff, you will not regret ordering the Pacer even if you can't stumble on the deal I did.

Congrats! $77 for a 100 Pacer is a steal!!! I don't remember exactly what I paid for it but I'm sure it was more than $77. Despite that I still like mine too. ;)

It currently sits in one of my Spyderco knife cases between the K2 and Chinook 4 based on size. Trying to line up a Persian to add to this small collection of upswept bladed Spyders. The Mamba is also on the "want list" but people are asking way too much for that. Passed on one for $185 off of the Exchange not long ago and am still kicking myself for that. :headslap:

Last edited:
Congrats. Loved the design but didn't love the knife in function. It was a bit too big and I thought the blade a bit too thin.

That said, I hope you enjoy yours and I would certainly buy a smaller version, say a 50 Pacer.

PS - A few paragraphs will make your review easier to read.

I love it exactly as it is!

GCCej24.jpg

Last edited:
Something is wrong with the page. It's showing the wrong img

Agreed, the 100 P is big. A 200 Pacer would be too big for my use:)

The 200 Pacer would be called the Farid Mehr K2.

It's distinctly bigger than the 100 Pacer but still not a problem to carry (if that's what you want to do) because it is so thin. You just need a front pocket wide enough to accommodate it. Fortunately, I do. :)

Wish I could! Two things militate against it, though - still haven't figured out the magic formula to post online and the undeniable fact that I'm a lousy photographer. :)
Thats quite okay. You dont need to be a Helmut Newton to post pics here (that would of course have made for some interesting compositions though). Many here just snap away with their phones and post pics which works just fine.
Use your phone to snap pics in natural light outside. Then upload the pics to 'imgur' photo host and post them here. Imgur is very easy to use.

The 200 Pacer would be called the Farid Mehr K2.

It's distinctly bigger than the 100 Pacer but still not a problem to carry (if that's what you want to do) because it is so thin. You just need a front pocket wide enough to accommodate it. Fortunately, I do. :)
I have the K2, its a very nice knife and Im a fan but when folded its as big as some of my smaller fixed blade knives. Ive never carried it in a pants pocket.

Back