1000 and counting.

ARtsig1

Banned
Thought I would make my 1000th post here on the CRK forum. Can't think of a better place!:D Guess I need some knife content, so here goes. I just sold a plain Classic. This was the one I had traded a couple of BM's for:( Sold it though to fund more Sebenza's:D Specifically the leather and hopefully a wood Classic. Large of course:)

So you have it.

Moving up to an inlay? and why not! Always good to have you here!

Well thank you very much St. James:D Yes the leather inlays have taken me by storm! I now await for Larry of Bladeart fame to get a wood inlaid Classic. My Large ironwood 2001 Sebbie would sure like to have a companion.

And speaking of colorblindness, we were weren't we?;) The blue leather and brown leather Classics I have BOTH appear to have black leather at certain angles. Yeah thats it.......its the lights fault! Nothing wrong with MY eyes:rolleyes:

As my 7th graders tell me everyday; Peace out

I'm thinking of moving up to a large classic wood inlay to go with my large regular California Buckeye Burl inlayed one. Man, this has got to stop! ;)

Artsig, can you see any way that the leather might have a way of freying on the edges? I know their inlayed but what is you view?

RW

I emailed CRK when I got the brown leather inlay and asked about whether it would stand up to edc. The reply was; IT IS! Of course with leather you still have to use reasonable care. The leather is embossed and sealed which should have compressed it, and from what I can tell it did. The leather is not spongy to the touch or even when you press on it. The leather is perfectly inlaid in the pockets:D :cool: and is flush with the handle. The same tape that holds the wood inlays in is used on these. I guess to answer your question, no with reasonable care. If you use it in a humid subtropical, tropical, or maritime climate then you may have a problem down the road. Of course when I really expect to "torture" my knife I carry my plain Large regular. But for normal edc, at least for me, the large leather Classic is fine.....no, I mean FINE;)

I would have to believe if the leather did have a problem the good folks at CRK would stand behind it!:D !:D

Back