10V vs M4 vs S110V for 5' fix blade

I looking for a custom utility fix blade, which steel would be the best bet for edge retention? what is pro/con for each steel? thank for any advice:thumbup:

5 foot fixed blade??? anywho, I'd pick m4, just because I don't have experience with the others.

I looking for a custom utility fix blade, which steel would be the best bet for edge retention? what is pro/con for each steel? thank for any advice:thumbup:

Assuming you ment 5 inch.....

CPM 10V or CPM S110V are both great choices as they are at the top of edge retention as far as steels go that are really usable. :)

CPM 10V has the edge over CPM S110V in edge retention though, while not being stainless it's not a rust magnet..

There really aren't any cons to either steel as long as they are at optimal hardness and given a proper CYRO treatment either will just keep cutting pretty much forever.

Top is a 4.5" Kephart in CPM-10V (64HRC)
Middle is a 5" Bushcrafter CPM-10V (64HRC)
Bottom is Spyderco Southfork in CPM-S90V

Haven't had any rust problems yet with either of the 10V blades also haven't had to sharpen them yet either after about 2 hours of use each on mostly soft wood but a little hard wood and some frozen soft wood as well.

FixedBlades023.jpg

Back