11 year relationship with tin chirra

jfox95307

Gold Member
Edit:
The title should say 11 years not 17, sorry folks.
Maybe a mod can change that...

Hi everyone.
I just returned to the forums after many years because I wanted an M_43. I found the light weight M43 from Kumar and purchased it yesterday.
Today I would like to give praise to HI and their kamis by celebrating what has been a 11 year relationship with my Hi tin chirra.

This blade has been through a lot. I sharpened it when I first got it, and have not needed to resharpen in 11 years. It still shaves like a razor. I have cut trees, cleared trails, split wood for camping, split kindling for wood fired kilns and carried with me on nearly every mile of trails all these years. Once it got left out in the rain for days and the scabbard seized up for about a week. I finally got it free and oiled it and re-etched it and it just keeps going. It's nearly magical. And it's the reason I'm back for more. It has stood the test of time.
Here are some pics from this week on the trails.

0916191436b_2_720x.jpg

0917191238a_720x.jpg

Last edited:
Looks none the less for wear and the travels it got in it's back trail.
Nice looking handle on that too. Very nice.

Thanks.
Im not sure who made it. The marks look like two symbols with periods between with the flag and rising sun underneath. I'll try to upload another pic to see if anyone knows.

looking forward to some great pics of your new lite weight M-43 (and congrats on a great buy!). the tin chirra's pics are awesome! thanks for sharing.

Back