110 40th anv. wouldnt this be serialized ?

Thanks,
I am still trying to figure out how buck does things and what makes this more special than that. I thought this would have had to be numbered going on the fact that I have B110-SP99-0 which is the USA Flag blade cut out with "United We Stand" etched on the wood with no numbering and one with numbering B110-SP91-0. So making the SP91 limited to XXX pieces but the SP99 just limited to XXX numbers till they ran out of etched handles, blades or whatever.

OK I guess my new question is How do you know what knife is more collectable than the other? I have learned that Buck makes a lot of short run knives, How the heck do you keep track of them?

I did join the BCC to maybe get some more knowledge but if there are any web links or someone has an answer that will not take you a day to type in I would appreciate it. Thanks Again

fashionbiff said:
Thanks,
I am still trying to figure out how buck does things and what makes this more special than that. I thought this would have had to be numbered going on the fact that I have B110-SP99-0 which is the USA Flag blade cut out with "United We Stand" etched on the wood with no numbering and one with numbering B110-SP91-0. So making the SP91 limited to XXX pieces but the SP99 just limited to XXX numbers till they ran out of etched handles, blades or whatever.

OK I guess my new question is How do you know what knife is more collectable than the other? I have learned that Buck makes a lot of short run knives, How the heck do you keep track of them?

I did join the BCC to maybe get some more knowledge but if there are any web links or someone has an answer that will not take you a day to type in I would appreciate it. Thanks Again

Levine's 5th edition to knife collecting has a long list of "special" editions of Buck knives, the 4th edition is preferable, but hard to find and very expensive when you can. Buck makes so many special editions that it's almost impossible to track them!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_1/104-8276850-3162303?v=glance&s=books

Over in the Bernard Levine forum you might find more, and there are guys who post here that work for Buck that know WAAAAAYYY more than me.

Good luck one your new addiction.....hehe

The Last Confederate said:
Good luck one your new addiction.....hehe

Oh, thanks a lot :p

I thought owning two jeeps was bad :eek:

We have a gun show well it being California its more of what useless cr@p show this weekend I will take a look for the books and maybe a knife or two.

ABN

Although it says this knife is sold out on the SMKW web site, I saw one in their display case this weekend at the original price of $39.99. Anyone interested could probably give them a call to get it pulled and shipped...