Photos 110 Sheath Variations

What was the time period that these were used? All three have the silver snap with horizontal "BUCK." The middle sheath is not scalloped, the other two are. I understand that dates are approximate. Thank you
KhIukmX.jpg

Also, how about this one:
q7CfUHv.jpg

Last edited:
Is there any other embossing on the front of the top three, like the bottom one has "BUCK" on the flap?

The one with the 110 at the top is an example of those sold in the later 1960s.

I have one like that that was purchased in 1968 maybe 69.

The others are later but I can't date them.

That single in the second pic is newer and I would think even the last few years.

Last edited:
Some info from my notes: (as you said, all info is approximate).

A. Angeles Souvenir
—late 1962 to late 1967. Thin leather, BUCK on snap, no rivets, no model number.

B. Atcheson Leather—late 1967 to early 1969. Leather, BUCK on flap, plain blank snap, Model #, tooling lines and dimple rivet on belt loop.

C. Buck leather shop—started early 1969.

1) Leather, BUCK on snap & flap, tooling lines on belt loop. Used maybe 2 years?

2) Leather, BUCK on snap and flap, plain belt loop, model # on back.

This info should also be in the 110 sticky at the Forum top here.

My 68-69 sheath, by the way, does not fit in any of that info.

Last edited:
The single sheath is about 89 to 96. The 3 BUCK snap starts about 89 and in 1997 the triangular mountain logo starts.

I might be wrong, but I have noticed, the older the sheath the skinnier it is. I have a 1 line 110 and the sheath is about 1/8th of an inch larger than the knife. If you set them side by side you wouldn't think the 110 would fit, but it does...

If I remembered right, I asked Joe if there was a way to date sheaths and he wasn't aware of any documentation to show the differences. Someone on here has real good examples of the different sheaths, I don't remember who though, maybe they'll see this thread...

I have a vague memory of folks talking about the sale of the earliest NIB 110 sheith and knife and box that was sold for the unheard of price of $400.00 way back in the early 80's ..It came with a very,very thin tan leather sheith. I would expect that same package would sell for 2 Grand or more if you could find someone who willing to part with such iconic Buck. .

So the scalloped sheaths were earlier? And those earlier sheaths had longer belt loops?

I think that's it. ..I just remembered the talk about it. Anything early 110 my brother would be the one to know much more than me. Is that your sheith? I came in fairly late (2006) collecting Bucks and I tried to learn all about the 112. I've never seen a collection of 110 sheiths displayed and I bet there is 100 different varieties over the years. I would love to see some of the advertising and special project 110 sheiths as I find them more interesting than slight varations of the standard black sheith.

And thank you for the picture and the imformation about it drei3ree !

Back