112/110 Slim Pro First Mods

I am glad that you found a clip that works better for you. Personally I can’t stand clips and immediately remove them but I do see the attraction to them.

Well done.

I like the anvil cut out on the oem clip. I'd prefer it was black so it was more discrete, but that's really picking nits. That said, I really like your mod. Looks very nice. I have a couple of spare deep carry clips for the Benchmade 940. I bet they have the same screw pattern - rubs chin thoughtfully.

I surely wouldn't put a clip on a Buck knife with another name on it. I would think that would be more of a problem than the factory one.
:oops: :( :eek: :eek:
Zikn2uu.jpg

the new Slim Pro will have a new pocket clip. Similar anvil design but improved.
Anything else "new" about this new slim pro besides the clip? I would love to see them offered with the regular clip point and drop point blades as well (in an upgraded steel of course).

I like 110s. I love micarta. I really like slim. That clip looks horrible and is the only reason I don't own one. IMO, it looks so much better with the bugout clip.

I decided to give my canvas micarta a once over, wet sanding, with 1000 grit paper. I'm happy with the results.

And for the record, the clip is growing on me. It's actually pretty comfortable in use.

I surely wouldn't put a clip on a Buck knife with another name on it.
I think carrying the knife in pocket with the clip outside. People who aren't into buck knives would never recognized that it is an anvil. Others would think it's just a design. It is your knife you do as you please. I think it looks much better than the Buck clip. I had a Buck clip on my Lochsa and it broke at the anvil cutout very soon after I got it, and Buck sent me a generic clip.

Last edited:
Delica clip? I have that knife and its not a deep carry clip? not sure why Spyde doesn’t use deep carry on their knives. So glad Buck does. And for the record i love the slim anvil deep carry clip for all the reasons mentioned by other posters.

The slim pro pocket clips although they are bigger/ wider doesn’t bother me. I don’t notice them in pocket but the 112 I noticed in hand but still not a problem where the 110 was barely noticed at all. I can see where it could be a nuisance for some in their particular use. Hopefully the new design will be better all around.

I just ordered a Slim Pro 110. I imagine it will be the older pocket clip. Can't wait to see what the new one looks like and curious if it will be available for purchase

I just ordered a 112 slim in dark brown (web-special)... wonder if it will have a revised clip?

I have a model 112 slim pro and I while I like it I would rather have a nail nick instead of the thumbstud. I lover everything else about it or I can remove it but adding a nail nick is beyond my abilities.

Back