1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

124 Sheath idea

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by eveled, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    I'm up late tonight. Just got done with a sheath for a guy on this season's forged in fire, Knife or Death edition, sent me his big chopper he used on the show for a sheath. Turned out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. David Nowlin

David Nowlin Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Wow i’ve heard of that show but never watched it. Funny you mention it here as i worked in a new dept today and getting to know the guys that show came up in conversation. So i planned on watching it from the beginning. Now you show us a beautiful sheath! :)

3. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    Got an idea just now. A 119 with a 503 prince or 505 Knight combo sheath. Guess the variations could get crazy.......

afishhunter likes this.
  4. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    Buck used to make side by side fixed blade sets (103 + 118 for example)
    I wonder if they would make a 119/120 + 110, 112, and 500 series lockback combos with this sheath setup.

@Makael maybe you could ask about it or suggest the possibility the next time you visit the factory? (and show them an example, if you think it would help.)

5. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    Sure

6. eveled

eveled Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    88BA5FBF-CA63-4DA0-80C2-D6F108F0A663.jpeg It would be a winner for sure especially with matching handles. It rides nice on the belt. The 110 feels like it’s on a drop leg holster. Makes the 110 ride just under my jacket very accessible. I could not be happier with it.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    pjsjr, afishhunter, jbmonkey and 2 others like this.
  7. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    Is that a 119 fixed?

8. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    A CPK big chopper,

Carothers Performance Knives

[​IMG]

9. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    Thats appropriately named.
    I was asking if that Buck combo was using a 119? I had originally thought it was a 124 but seeing it on a hip i’m not sure now?

10. sassafrassdogs3

sassafrassdogs3 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2016
    It's a 124...119's don't have rivets in the handles, that I have seen....

jbmonkey likes this.
  11. eveled

Mar 11, 2016
    Yes a 124 with a 110. I thought you were brainstorming other combos. I missed the question.

A 6 inch knife is the sweet spot for me carrying a belt knife. Might as well be a big 6 inch knife! I’ve been carrying a 110 everyday for over 30 years so I don’t like to leave it behind. So this sheath combo is absolute bliss to me.

Life is good!

Tecate, sassafrassdogs3 and jbmonkey like this.
  12. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    Well it fooled me because on your hip that 124 doesn't look too big at all. Guess it is only a 1/4 inch longer in blade than the 119

eveled likes this.
  13. BuckShack

BuckShack Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2015
    eveled is just a really big guy and makes the 124 look small :D

Tecate, eveled and sassafrassdogs3 like this.
  14. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    I checked for that show Forged in Fire and netflix has it for $2 an episode. Not gonna happen! Watched a few episode snipets on YouTube and liked it.

15. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    Ha ha ha

16. zakjak221

zakjak221 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Just seen this thread....Nice Work Mike

17. sassafrassdogs3

sassafrassdogs3 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2016
    It's on the History channel if you get it....

18. eveled

Mar 11, 2016
    You guys are funny! It’s just a 6inch knife. You all act like it’s a machete!

BuckShack and sassafrassdogs3 like this.
  19. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    I do get history channel was just looking to watch all starting at the beginning.

20. eveled

Mar 11, 2016
    Our cable system has “on demand”. All the episodes are there to watch.