12th Anniversary (Photo Heavy)

The Warrior

๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ ๐Ÿ‡ปโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฐโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€Œ
Headed back down south for our 12th Anniversary. Hard to believe that little lady has put up with me that long. There should be some type of award. The weather didn't always cooperate, and I didn't get much blade time in, but we still had a good time none the less.

The lane going up. Very little snow. Sunny, and pretty out, although it was around freezing:

My wife undoing the padlock on the cable. I feel bad about her doing it, but she insists. She opens up the main gate as well. She says it's faster for her to do it, instead of me getting out, opening it up, get back in the truck, pull forward, get back out, and close the gate again:

Unpacked, and put the BK9 right to work batoning for the fire:

Sunny and beautiful out. The first day was the only sunny day we had:

First knife of 2020. Not a Becker, but at least it's a KA-BAR. Vintage as well. The guy that sold it to me thought it was a Hunter model, but he wasn't sure. I didn't care, it was cool, had stag scales, and was a KA-BAR:

Makes even my hand look small:

Next to the niner for size comparison:

Vintage Coleman Peak One, Model 576 my fil gifted me a few years back. Probably the first time it's been started in 25-30 years. Great shape for being 42 years old:

Cold out, so it took a bit to get to the blue flame:

Evening approached, and it was time to break out the Buffalo Trace whiskey my step son got me for Christmas. Also, note the cool whiskey glass gifted to me by the one and only @Ethan Becker

Has a hollowed out section in the glass to accommodate a cigar:

Fits my favorite cigar, the Isla Del Sol like it was made for it:

"New" blade next to the 62:

to be cont...

Just liked these next photos:

When the gar gets shorter, you just slide it up a bit, haha:

Temps hovering around freezing, but it was sunny, with no wind, so it was pleasant enough:

Get the evening meal going. Steak, with beans and steamed broccoli:

Note to self...don't drink whiskey and be in charge of the steak, haha:

Overdid it this time:

62 did the honors:

Mandatory fire shot:

Wednesday morning, coffee on the Coleman:

Cloudy and dreary:

Niner to get the morning fire going:

New shirt. Kind of anti-climatic, eh?

Walked to the river, and damn was it ever cold and windy down there. Didn't stay too long:

Breakfast for the morning:

to be cont...

Back out at the fire for a spell:

Drove into town to eat at the Dairy Bar, and stopped alongside the road for an icicle photo op:

Made it back, and started in on the whiskey again, this time using a cup the wife got for me for Christmas. I like it, but need to use it for mixed drinks. Hard to tell how much you had in the cup, haha:

Sitting out in the freezing drizzle:

This is what happens when you drink too much. Take a chance spilling your whiskey, balanced on top of the bottle, with a BK9 on the side, and to top it all off, take a blurry photo of your endeavor:

Snack:

Freezing drizzle most of the day/night:

Thursday morning, coffee on the Coleman part II:

Freezing rain:

Decided to go antiquing since the weather was crappy, but it was closed, so we decided to go for a ride instead. Overlook, complete with orbs:

Freezing everywhere:

Taum Sauk overlook, but it was so foggy you couldn't see anything:

My lemon:

to be cont...

Then we went to Elephant Rock State Park for the hell of it. What it looks like from the parking lot:

The entrance:

Approaching the boulders:

A few shots there. We didn't do the entire hike, just a small portion of it:

Started snowing like crazy when we reached the old quarry:

We drove back in some beautiful wet snow, stopped and got a pizza for supper on the way back. Still snowing going up the lane:

Beautiful snow/ice:

Went back in and ate. Pretty good pizza, our first time to order pizza there:

Same place we get our giant rolls at:

More snow shots:

Only night we didn't have a fire:

to be cont...

Went out for a smoke, and she was still snowing:

Foggy out Friday morning:

About 36ยฐ out:

Half frozen water droplet:

Sitting out on the porch for my morning gar, BK9 in hand:

Crap, rust! First time my niner has ever had rust on it. Had it out in the freezing rain, and didn't think to wipe it off before sheathing it:

Back in for a quick fuel up:

Then back out with the 3 in 1 oil, and a scotch brite pad. Took a bout 3 or 4 minutes to get it off. Actually, this is probably about the cleanest my 9 has been since I purchased it:

Back out at the fire pit. Batoned wood courtesy of the BK9:

I batoned some wood to get to the dry stuff, but the moisture was still oozing out:

Breakfast:

Back to the warm fire, and more freezing drizzle:

to be cont...

Later in the early evening, I finished off the whiskey. I found these cool little enamel cups, 4 in total, at the antique store for a few bucks:

Much to my surprise, the sun started shining, but only lasted enough to get a few shots:

Back to the pit:

Of course, it started with the freezing crap again:

Walked to the cabin for just a few minutes, and my chair already had quite a bit in it:

Orange glazed pork chops, stuffing patties, and apple slices for supper:

Sitting at the fire again, in the freezing rain again, and heard a critter. Shone the flashlight, and an armadillo showed up. I didn't think to get a photo of it while it was up by us, but took a few after it went back down. I think it has a hole under that log that it stays in. We've seen an armadillo walk across the yard before:

Saturday morning, dreary yet again:

A few shots of the niner while I had my morning cigar:

Went back in to mess with yet another stove the fil gave to me, the Primus 71. This is probably the first time it's been fired up in 30 years or so. Worked like a champ:

About all I did Saturday morning, packed up, and headed home. Crappy out, yet pretty, so no complaints here. I just like it when it's nicer out, to use the blades more, and face it, photos always look better when the sun's out.

Thanks for looking.

Man it looks like youโ€™ve figured out the recipe for spending quality time!

Fire, food, drink, sharp objects, nature, and a cozy bed with your significant other.

Happy anniversary!
Thanks man. We always try to have there, and for certain normally do.

Glad you both had a nice anniversary ... and I always enjoy the pictures. You have quite a nice little retreat there!
Tanks brudda, appreciate it.

Congratulations on your 12th

And thank you for having us out there with you! Those Pics really took us with you there, cheers on the whisky, the knives and the fire!

All the best for the next twelve years!
Thanks Wasty, appreciate it.

Great thread! Iโ€™m envious. I feel like I donโ€™t get quality time like this, itโ€™s non-stop hustling in my world. :confused:

As always, your great pics share the experience nicely. Beautiful landscapes, a comfy chair, good food, good drink, and good smoke. What more can a man want? :thumbsup:

Cool new KA-BAR too. :)

Congrats on hitting year 12. I questioned before what more can a man want? Well, a good woman. You have that too. Seems to me your life is filled with many blessings. Hereโ€™s hoping for many more still to come! :)

Happy Anniversary my friend. Iโ€™m envious of your little cabin in the woods. The only sad part was the whiskey. It looks like there must have been a little leak in the bottle because it all seems to have drained out.

Thanks for taking the time to share it with us!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great thread! Iโ€™m envious. I feel like I donโ€™t get quality time like this, itโ€™s non-stop hustling in my world. :confused:

As always, your great pics share the experience nicely. Beautiful landscapes, a comfy chair, good food, good drink, and good smoke. What more can a man want? :thumbsup:

Cool new KA-BAR too. :)

Congrats on hitting year 12. I questioned before what more can a man want? Well, a good woman. You have that too. Seems to me your life is filled with many blessings. Hereโ€™s hoping for many more still to come! :)
Thanks man. Best wife ever. I know people say such things sometimes nonchalantly, but I really mean it. Couldn't have asked for a better person to be with. The KA-BAR is cool. Needs a little work, but it was hard to pass up for $40.

Congrats on your 12th! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Looks like you two had a nice relaxing getaway :thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks for taking and sharing all the Great Pics :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks man, appreciate it.

Happy Anniversary my friend. Iโ€™m envious of your little cabin in the woods. The only sad part was the whiskey. It looks like there must have been a little leak in the bottle because it all seems to have drained out.

Thanks for taking the time to share it with us!
Thanks man. That's the first time I really "drank" that whiskey before. Tasted it before was all. I like it, reminds me in taste to MM. One thing I found out though, is that MM has a faster reaction time, haha. The Buffalo Trace kind of sneaks up on you. :thumbsup:

Happy 12th Dubz!

Looks like a nice outing, regardless of the weather. You certainly have some beautiful scenery out in your neck of the woods. And toys. Lots of toys to play with. Thanks for sharing with us.

(Iโ€™m liking your coffee pot too. Never seen one shaped like that. Cool :thumbsup:)

Back