• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

$149.95 for this knife . . .worth it?

looks nice, good quality, question is do you want to spend the money???

Now, I like this knife. But, I am waiting for them to come down in price. I dont think it is worth $150.

------------------
Danbo, soul brother of Rambo

Like some of AG Russell's other offerings, this one appears to be a replica knife designed for collectors. The fit and finish is probably high -- nice shiny nickel silver guard and butt, and highly polished blade. But "users" in this size, these days, probably wouldn't go with AUS-8A. A good steel (mostly in folders), but used here probably for the "shiny look."

If you like the knife buy it. I would'nt wait for AG's prices to go down. You will be waiting a long time.
smile.gif

------------------
EXCUSE ME WHILE I WHIP THIS OUT.
**Blazing Saddles**

kansasC.gif

I like that knife a lot, I also trust AG Russell to give you a quality product. They aren't usually the cheapest place to buy on the Net, but they often have stuff you can't buy any place else. What I might do is check in their Cutting Edge catalog to see if they have one for resale? I don't think $150 or even the $170 they have listed there is a lot to pay for that knife, it just depends on what you're looking for?

------------------
"Will work 4 Knives!"
My PhotoPoint Site

In that size and functional range, you'll be hard pressed to find anything else near as "pretty".

You *can* find stuff with a better steel in that price/size range, but it won't look as nice. Some of the CS CarbonV pieces come to mind.

If you want a "fighter", the Ontario/Bagwell "Gambler" is far superior in the handling department. Sure enough, AGR sells it for $149, and while it's a bit longer it's almost certainly lighter...it's a "quick" design. Not a bad looker either, this is the one I'd get
smile.gif

But that AGR 1965 piece fills a unique niche and yes, in my opinion it's worth the asking price, if that's your thing.

Jim

Back