15n20

Hey Peter,

I've got a crap-load of saw blades you can have,supposedly 15n20.

Mark

Thanks Mark, I'll give you a call. George, I don't need much. Bill made me want to try some in a damascus blade like the one he posted the other day. I've got plenty of 1095 and 5160 but I haven't found a good scrounging source for the 15n20 yet. I'm guessing that's what caused the high contrast in his knife.
I'll call Mark and see if I can trade him out of some sawblade material. I got the urge to twist some damascus now!:D

Hey Peter, L6 should work nearly as well as 15n20, so if you have any old cicular saw blasdes from a lumber mill you could try them.

If you look in your phone directory for a saw doctor he can probably help you out. ( I assume you call them that over your side of the world)

I buy my band saw blade direct from the saw doctor when I picked up the last 2 I just asked if he had and off cuts or broken blades. He gave me about 3m by 1 inch by 1/16 new material. I don't know what steel it was.

I did not have my own forge and I gave it to the forge owner. He gave it to someone else I have seen some blades but did not know which were which.

Thank for reminding me I will need to get some more. I have been getting back into forging latley.

Back