1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

160mm Usuba in 1084, Ironwood, and G10

Discussion in 'Knife Maker's Gallery' started by daizee, Nov 18, 2017.

1. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    This is my first usuba, 160mm of very hard 3.175mm thick 1084 from "tip" to bolster, hand-finished bevels with a belt-finished urasaki back. Haft is desert ironwood with a 2x2 blue/black G10 bolster. A cavity in the handle is filled with epoxy colored with lapis powder that was hand-ground by my recently departed friend & long-time partner as part of another project (HeftyLefty here on the forum).

Thanks for looking.

-Daizee

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    milkbaby, Aikiguy and The Warrior like this.
  2. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    Sick man, sick. :thumbsup:

gmoneyluv likes this.
  3. gmoneyluv

gmoneyluv Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 4, 2012
    +1 Amazing work.

4. Sprayman

Sprayman

Nov 15, 2014
    "It will kill."

5. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    *lol*
    Indeed (took more than 6 hours to build, though!):

[​IMG]

6. milkbaby

milkbaby

Aug 1, 2016
    I love it. So nice! :thumbsup: