165OT Woodsman/UH Prospector ramble

relodr36 said:
...why do you have twice as many Sharpfingers? :jerkit:
Ron

Well, the 165's were made by the thousands, and the 152's were made by the tens of thousands. Likewise the smaller Sharpfinger was the subject of more variations in SFOs, sheaths, grinds, etc. than the shorter production 165s. It is no great secret that I have been working on a book about Schrade, and as a part of that research, I am exploring several patterns in depth. The only way to really do that in a workmanlike manner, is to view the knives first hand. Compare my "rants" on the 152OT and 165OT and you will see what I mean.;)

Michael

Codger: You may want to check out the following on eBay if you are not already doing so (unusual handle material, and low serial number):

SCHRADE WALDEN 165 UH
W/Teak bone Handle hunting knife
eBay Item number: 180089570881
serial 04178

John T. Jeffery
"A man without a knife is a man without a life."

Thanks John. Yes, I saw it. A rehandle of a first production 165UH using teak wood and manatee bone. I'd hate to think of what USFWS would do to you for having manatee bones! Anyone wanna try to export this one?:eek: Conviction on the federal level is punishable by a fine of up to $100,000 and/or one year in prison.

Michael

Yikes! :eek: And we can be sure that Big Brother is browsing the bidding!!! :rolleyes:

John T. Jeffery
"A man without a knife is a man without a life."

Mike thank you for such a well written post on these knives. I dug mine out today to once again take it on a hunt. I bought it in the 60's when I was a young teenager. Mine is marked Schrade Walden 165 serial number 8980. It has the brown plastic handles and a plain leather scabbard.
Do you have an idea as to what year it was made?
Thank you.
Rob.

Back