.17 Cal Pellets?

I picked up an 'antique' Crossman Model 1377 that I think – based on looking at you tube vids - dates back to 1979 or there abouts. Anyway, I wanted to buy some pelets for it and discovered this is yet another area I don't know a blessed thing about. (I do have a vague memory of being told that I could not own a BB gun because I would 'shoot my eye out!'..........but that's another story).

Question here: what kind of pellets should I buy first off to see if my new toy works and sceondly to just shoot at an indoor target at a range fo 20-30 feet. Depending on how fast my visiting cousin can move. OK, just kidding about the cousin. Will just shoot at a cardboard box stuffed with newspapers But you never know...

... anyway: .17 cal pellet advice, please?

Well you can check your local Walmart to see what they have. Unless you are doing precision work the cheap pellets likely work just fine. If you want something fancier then you can order Beeman pellets on the net.

I assume you mean .177. Be sure and check your gun to make sure of the caliber. Some of the old ones were .20 and .22. It should be on the barrel or receiver somewhere.--KV

For paper punching the regular wadcutter\flat nose work great. Probably Wally World is the best bet for cheap prices. If you want to check out a lot of different pellets go check out Straightshooters . com. They have a lot of really cool air gun equipment and are good to work with.

I found that I had to find the pellets that work best for the rifle I was shooting and the one I could consistently get good groups of ten of at what ever distance you'd like.

I usually zero my TX 200 at 20 to 30yards. After practice and finding the right pellets and the rate of fall I could hit half dollars at 60 yards with bench rest. Hours of fun.

Nice find, I'd get a bunch of different pellets and see what works best for you.

I found that a loose grip with pellet gun rifles works best for me, breathing and trigger pull also very important. pulling the trigger and keep the rifle steady really helps with my aiming.

I assume you mean .177. Be sure and check your gun to make sure of the caliber. Some of the old ones were .20 and .22. It should be on the barrel or receiver somewhere.--KV
The model 1377 only came in .177 caliber, the 1322 was in .22 caliber. They never came in .20 caliber, that was Sheridan air rifles and pistols.
Crosman did produce an HB9 .20 caliber pistol after they acquired Benjamin and Sheridan, but these are not in the 13xx pistol series.

Now as for pellets for this pistol, my 1377 loves crosman premier hollow points , 7.4gr crosman premier pointed pellets , and standard crosman 7.9gr pointed pellets, though you'll want to try out different pellets to see what your gun and it's barrel prefers.

The first 3-4 digits in the serial number will tell you the date of the gun ( for all crosman airguns made after July of 1975 ) and the 1377 was not around before then so it'll be there.
does your pistol cock using the bolt, or does it have a knob at the back ?

Btw this pistol would not be considered an antique and in the airgunn realm just may just barely make the cut for many vintage ag sections if at all.

Last edited:
Back