17 years in the making.

Gravelface

Gold Member
8975E5E7-39E6-4945-9A40-785CFEB8551C.jpeg

I got hit by an IED in 2004 (April 11, to be exact) and wanted a Purple Heart handle knife ever since. I could never decide on a design then this popped up and was near perfect in every way I could have wanted. Now if I can get a knife forged with some of the shrapnel from my accident....maybe a guard from the shrapnel and one of those CMP Magnacut blades......just dreaming here.

My hats off to Matt Bailey and his impeccable skill at merging beauty and function. I’m truly thankful to @osprey888 and @Bailey Knives for helping me out with this one!

Last edited:

Gravelface

Gold Member
All is well, life is great! I’m healthy (relatively) The Army sends an apology letter once a month and the VA sends a gift basket.

After my dismissal from the Army, I’ve been in Law Enforcement for almost 12 years now and finally made Detective. Now if I can find a way to work this blade into an EDC ........

K.O.D.

Sanity Not Included
Platinum Member
Matt makes some great knives. I'm glad you found something you like, congrats on surviving. I come from a military family, and I am fortunate neither of my cousins were injured. I still have my grandpa's purple heart. He fought at the Siegfried line in WWII and was hit by a mortar in the trenches. A buddy of mine lost half a gastroc to an IED.

Thank you for your service. You have no idea how much I appreciate those willing to serve. My dad was too young (by one year) for Vietnam, and try as I might, both the marines and the army denied me because of my vision.

I have a Bailey model 2 myself, and it has special meaning to me, in that it was a surprise gift when I was diagnosed with stage 4 liver failure, and was in and out of coherency. Matt's knives are always so unique. I've often considered getting another one, just to support him.

mqqn

Gold Member
Cogratulations! That is one beautiful knife.

Nothing can truly compensate you for your sacrifice, but I ca give you my sicerest thanks for helping keep my children and grandchildren safe.

Very Best Regards

mqqn

Last edited:

Fixall

Gold Member
Platinum Member
Looks like it was well worth the wait!! Gorgeous knife man! Thanks for putting your butt on the line for us.

Congrats on making detective, that's absolutely awesome and quite the achievement! My own father retired a Chief Master Sergeant from the Air Force EOD and then spent years as an Arson/Homicide detective for a larger sheriff department. He just made Lieutenant a few months ago. :D

Last edited:

K.O.D.

Sanity Not Included
Platinum Member
All is well, life is great! I’m healthy (relatively) The Army sends an apology letter once a month and the VA sends a gift basket.

After my dismissal from the Army, I’ve been in Law Enforcement for almost 12 years now and finally made Detective. Now if I can find a way to work this blade into an EDC ........

Congrats on making detective!

Crag the Brewer

Gold Member
Congratulations, it looks Awesome.
And Thank You!!!

Not to be snarky, but Still..... Be careful.
In today's climate, law enforcement is probably more dangerous depending on your locale

Sonnydaze

Gold Member
Bailey's knives are great; glad you got one.
I appreciate your military service and now your advancement to Detective. Well Done!
My son-in-law retired from L.E. in the midwest, and then immediately got hired at C.O.P. in upper Michigan...
I have military and L.E. background; also proud of it and the Flag.

jfk1110

Gold Member
Its a fitting tribute!!! May it serve you as well as you served and still serve all of us!
Thank you! Stay safe!

James

Ron Sabbagh

Platinum Member
Thank you for your service

To accompany that beautiful blade, you deserve a Colt Python Detective Special my friend.

80DCB4B3-C4C0-44F8-8B87-DFF05D5D34A1.jpeg

Andy the Aussie

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Now if I can find a way to work this blade into an EDC
....see now you are trying to compensate because you are no longer allowed to carry a grownup's rifle on duty..... ;)

That is a fine looking blade my friend and you certainly earned it !!!! Stay safe, I have a wonderful Det's cartoon from here here I need to find and send you.... :D

d762nato

Gold Member
What a Beauty Jason, sounds like you definitely deserve such a blade. Thanks for your service and the time you've put in taking care of everyone on your watch and continuing to do so. Take care out there and Thanks for the info on the green one. ;)

jstn

Gold Member
Thank you for your service and I dig that knife! What steel did you get it in?

gazz98

Gold Member
Thank you for your service and congrats on making Det!

Specs? Blade length, overall length, blade steel, handle mats, etc. ??

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC