1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 3 of the BladeForums 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways is live!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Busse Combat Custom Shop Flak Jack, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday January 19!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Congratulations winners! The Week 2 Giveaway has ended over on our YouTube Channel and here are the winners:
    BladeForums Logo Sticker: Impulse600
    BladeForums Velcro Patch: garythegoat
    BladeForums Logo Tshirt: crocgator106
    BladeForums paid subscription upgrade: billygoat78

Darrel Ralph Dominator 35: norcaldude Winners will be contacted by PM / email, so look for my message!
  4. Matt "Charlie Mike" Freeman passed away unexpectedly last weekend. We have various threads posted in both the General & Community forums, please share your memories:

RIP Charlie Mike

A Go Fund Me has been started to help cover his funeral expenses: https://www.gofundme.com/cmftw-for-matt-f

1885 cavalry troopers sword with only 1 identification mark

Discussion in 'Sword Discussion' started by Sampeter, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Sampeter

Sampeter

Nov 4, 2018
    Hi All, and thanks in advance for any help. I have an 1885 british cavalry troopers sword, but the only marking on it is 9/85 on the blade near the hilt. I have done research and read that they over produced the sword and then sold them off after taking the wd markings off. Does anyone else know anything about that? I guess really I'm trying to find out if my sword is authentic or a replica? I can't work out how to add my pictures but if someone knows, I'm happy to do it. Thanks again

2. horseclover

horseclover Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 21, 2000