19th Day of Christmas Deals

Auntie will usually state if not. Hard to tell in the picture but, I believe I see the ends of the handles for both. Difficult to be sure with black horn against black buffalo hide. Best to email or call Auntie to be sure.

Bigbore, no worries man, when it happens it happens :)

Stwm, oops, I misread Kobra as Karda! My bad haha I want a Pacthar and almost got it a few times but never pulled the trigger. Just a heads up, your list will only grow the longer you stick around and the more you look around. Soon you'll go from "I've got a good chopper" to "but I need something for splitting kindling right next to the fire and something for bigger pieces and also a sword in case we get attacked while splitting kindling next to the fire." It's a slippery slope and there's no crampons in sight. Good news is the biggest risk from HIKV is that you end up in a situation like BB, where you're somewhere and the khuks are elsewhere. That and beatings from the wife of course...

Nah we have to break triple digits....There is no recovery, no escape. Once you see the HI you can never un-see.
I'm excited for your full-size M43 to do some mega-chopping and defend the HI honor ;)

Oh bother, I want a Kumar Karda too, SG! I know I'll be wrong but a Tin seems like the mac-daddy best.... oh..a Smasher.. ut oh.....

I'm getting to that point where I just have to plug my ears and la la la... I've got only 'essentials' whose purpose I clearly perceive... I'll have to figure out what to do with the Tin other than drool over it (maybe plant a stand of bamboo??)

And my Pacthar which is an awesome panther-claw..now I see how amazing the Pen Knife chops I've got to figure out what to do with the Pacthar.. I used it for some finish carpentry....cutting a couple branches....

Oh I know! I'll use the Pacthar in the kitchen! Muahahaha!!! Now, the Kobra.... I'm going to have to join Bloodsport or something to give that thing the use it deserves. Instead of just whipping it around my body like a ninja daydreaming I'm fighting off hoards invading Nepal like Bhimsen Thapa!!!

And DD on Tin Chirra **Head up, feet moving - snoopy dance**

See I figured there's no recovery, as a trapper/hunter/outdoorsman I say well I need this wetterling's for the trap line now a spare one for the cabin and one for the car oh and that new gransfors just in case I need to cut a different tree branch for a set as they cut differently and a spare for that one. Then there's all the felling axes and the old double bit restorations I've done, just in case and as users. Then the skinning knives and the cool belt knifes a bunch of guns sharpening stones, more knives and axes, bunch of stihl chainsaws, draw knives adze's now more khukri's. Yup business as normal just another for the collection.

Yeah I haven't bitten the Granfors apple yet but I do want one. I just restored a Snow and Neally? boy's axe yesterday which dulled the throbbing somewhat.

Yeah I haven't bitten the Granfors apple yet but I do want one. I just restored a Snow and Neally? boy's axe yesterday which dulled the throbbing somewhat.

I like the gransfors but i have been partial to the wetterlings over them i have 2 of each. and now i believe that wetterlings was purchased by gransfors so they are both very similar pretty much same sheath and now gransfors is dropping their metal wedge inset in favor of a total wood wood as wetterlings does. Either way cant go wrong. My favorite trap line axe is the 176 foresters fine axe by wetterlings. Prob gonna be phased out by a Khukuri. Lol

On a sad note one of my 2 triangle boxes came but since i was not home to sign it has to stay at the yeti impound. Otherwise known as the post office. So tomorrow will be a great day.

I stopped at 13, not counting wedges.:confused:

I have to say axes are a love of mine too. I just have a thing for old collins legitimus or the kellys, true temper flints. Theres something sexy about the old axes single bits doubles with bevels without. Hmmmm

I have restored around 20 each time i find one i tell my self thats enough. Same as the wetterlings and gransfors i say im good then a new one shows up in the line.

Although Khukuris tend to be my current fad, especially after i found out how much my purchases help the Kamis.

Makes me happy my consumerism helps them out.

That and i started out wanting a sirupati and have yet to buy one.

Our tastes are so similar!

I have two 'huge' "Collins Axe"s, nice, big, and old... if you want to work on one more!
I went a little nuts on my axe with some 120 grit wet/dry to get the crap paint and rust off the head. It looks good but it'd be nice if it gleamed like a HI!
I'm amazed what a little sandpaper and boiled linseed did to the handle. Lovely!

Our tastes are so similar!

I have two 'huge' "Collins Axe"s, nice, big, and old... if you want to work on one more!
I went a little nuts on my axe with some 120 grit wet/dry to get the crap paint and rust off the head. It looks good but it'd be nice if it gleamed like a HI!
I'm amazed what a little sandpaper and boiled linseed did to the handle. Lovely!

There is something awesome about restoring or re-purposing old axes adzes knives and tools

The knife at the top is literally, At the top! Of the totem. Top drawer knife. One might really appreciate. Merry Christmas everyone!

Back