1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2 Case Peanuts with Gilson Opal scales - WOW knives!

Discussion in 'Art In Stone' started by Redrummd, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Redrummd

Redrummd

May 21, 2007
    Today I finished two Gilson Opal scaled Case Peanuts with one being a barehead. This is the very best Gilson Opal I have ever seen and I bought it back in 2009. I held onto it all of these years and just got it in my head to do these two. I don't even know if Gilson Opal is still available in any piece big enough to use on a knife.

Gilson Opal is Opal grown in a laboratory. I believe it takes two years for the crystal structure to form. The fire in this Opal is so bright I had to use just ambient room light for the photos!

Attached Files:

kansa likes this.
  2. 1 ADAM12

1 ADAM12

Nov 22, 2013
    Man..., that NICE..., great job!

3. kansa

kansa

Mar 8, 2010
    Very Nice Mike, I always liked the Seahorse #499A you made.

4. testdw

testdw

Feb 3, 2011
    Beautiful Mike,
    Glad to see you do some opals.
    Dennis

5. john21wall

john21wall

Mar 30, 2016
    Very nice very!