1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 13 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Himalayan Imports Sirupati Khukuri!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel OD Green Trench Hawk, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, March 30; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2 hunters

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by samuraistuart, Apr 6, 2018.

1. samuraistuart

samuraistuart KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 21, 2006
    First one is in Elmax steel (62HRC) with orange g10 handles. Second one is a custom order in 115w8 (64HRC) with mesquite scales and purple heart bolsters, as requested. I like the look of those 2 woods together! Anyways, thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

valknut, McFeeli, FOG2 and 4 others like this.
  2. john april

john april KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2006
    crisp and clean, nicely done.

3. Willie71

Willie71 Warren J. Krywko. Part Time Knifemaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 23, 2013
    Both are great, but I really like the second one.

4. samuraistuart

samuraistuart KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 21, 2006
    Thanks guys! Here is another recent knife, 52100 and mesquite.

[​IMG]

Matthew Gregory and FOG2 like this.
  5. stromania

stromania

Mar 7, 2011
    I bet they cut as good as they look.

6. Matthew Gregory

Matthew Gregory Chief Executive in charge of Entertainment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 12, 2005
    Super clean. That’s the best mesquite I’ve seen you use. Looks fantastic!

7. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    Is it weird that I like the orange one more than that beautiful mesquite? Maybe, but either way they're all great pieces. The bolster work with the purple heart is fantastic.

8. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Post that black one you put on IG the other day Stuart. That was hawt!

9. samuraistuart

Dec 21, 2006
    Thanks Matt! McFeeli, I like blaze orange g10 quite well myself. After searching about an hour (into and past dusk) one evening after laying a black handled knife on the ground, I grew to appreciate blaze orange. Mb....I came here to do that exact thing. Mind....read. It's also posted for sale, in case anyone is interested.

[​IMG]

cbach8tw, Matthew Gregory and mb> like this.