2-nighter: lite machete comes out of hibernation!

Great post! Love the ESEE lite machete. Love the condor 12" bolo a bit more, but the ESEE is right up there. One of my buds received a becker/esee necker hybrid - it was sweet! Looked like a great time. I pulled a tick off my but from this weekend and am dawning the steroids to the poison ivy pimples on my legs. Awh, summer has arrived!

I think he means your bow drill twig warmer:)

Great post, as always. I live vicariously through you!

thanks!

great post, thanks. I would love to stumble on that much firewood, but probably wouldn't use it because it would feel like stealing.

thanks! heh, a lot of the surrounding areas near the shelters are picked so clean i feel like i just struck oil every time i go to this specific spot (which is off trail). last year's freak hurricane did remedy that though since there's tons of downed trees everywhere that should be dry enough by this fall.

I keep forgetting about that saw. Nice thread bud, finding any ticks yet ? Buggers are everywhere here.

thanks! i caught two ticks on my pant legs and another on my sleeping pad last month when it hit a high of 75° f but not on this trip where the high was in the mid 50s. i think the sweet spot is around 60° since at that temp or below i don't see them and mosquitoes.

Great post! Love the ESEE lite machete. Love the condor 12" bolo a bit more, but the ESEE is right up there. One of my buds received a becker/esee necker hybrid - it was sweet! Looked like a great time. I pulled a tick off my but from this weekend and am dawning the steroids to the poison ivy pimples on my legs. Awh, summer has arrived!

thanks, ken! i actually prefer the ontario 12" cutlass machete or cs kukri over the lite machete now since i only do light chopping nowadays/do more fuel prep for the emberlit. tick off your butt - too much information, man...too much :p

i had a becker necker (bk-11) a long time ago and gave it away here since i hated the handle. the izula handle on it and the zytel scales makes it a much more usable knife...this necker almost feels like a full-sized knife actually.

040_027.jpg
The Izula 2 bridges that gap. It's the smallest "full knife" I've used. Not to give you an excuse to buy another knife or nothin'. :D
how sharp is sharp enough for me? if it can push cut crispy fried spam!

040_046.jpg

Aren't I supposed to hit this little triangular button when I see spam? :p

The Izula 2 bridges that gap. It's the smallest "full knife" I've used. Not to give you an excuse to buy another knife or nothin'. :D

Aren't I supposed to hit this little triangular button when I see spam? :p

i had an izula 2 and it's indeed a big step above the izula/eskabar but i just kept reaching for my spyderco bushcraft all the time. for pocket carry or food prep at camp i always preferred my military so it was barely used after a year and i ended up selling it to a buddy. before the eskabar i had no beckers anymore (nothing really fit in with what i wanted/purpose) but i'll always be a beckerhead and want to show my support (beckers got me started on fixed blades) so i felt bad not having any, hence the eskabar :eek:

as for the spam, this kind might be even more repulsive than the electronic version to most people so click away at that triangular button :D

Back