2 shop tips from a moron

Moron's tip # 27:
If you are heat treating knives with propane torches, do not use your bare hand to pick the torch up by the brass part after use. It is still hot. Very, very hot.

Moron's tip #38:
If you forget tip #37, your hand will probably feel better after about 4 straight hours of icing, but put a thin towel between the ice pack and your skin.

------------------
Dr. Steve Agocs
http://www.geocities.com/Chiro75/frames.html

agocs_s@hotmail.com

I hope our good Doctor did not throw something out of joint while shrieking curses!

homerscreem.jpg

Just bought a HenRob torch for my oxy/acc setup. As soon as you turn off the torch you can change the tips with your bare hand. They stay cool. All I have to do now is remember not to touch the knife till it cools. dlee

Moron tip #42: Don't forget that the firebrick you used to lay the blade on while torch heating also gets hotter than hell and stays that way much longer than you think.

Been there, done that on all the above.

------------------
Alex Penton

Are you, like a, "for real" doctor???
A "for real" doctor would have used $100 ointment out of a $5 tube, taken X-rays, a skin culture, recommended a skin graft and 3 weeks of physical therapy!
smile.gif
Oh, don't forget the prescription for that lame Dorvocet stuff....about as affective as 1/2 baby Baer aspirin!

Oh, and did you do it "on the job"? You know if you did then you could get workman's comp and......
smile.gif

C Wilkins

C L sounds like you have had experience with the same group of DR.'s I have.
frown.gif

Actually I am a real doctor. As a doctor of chiropractic, however, I realize that the only thing that is going to heal that wound is letting my body do its job properly. All that other stuff just gets in the way! If this was a serious burn, I would have gone to the E.R. just like anyone else, but after the icing it is just a bit tender and the burn area is a huge blister. Nature at work, my friends.

------------------
Dr. Steve Agocs

agocs_s@hotmail.com

According to most, if not all insurance carriers, to be considered as a doctor or physician's assistant in the medical profession he or she must be able to write prescriptions. Dentists and psychiatrists fall into the "doctor" category as well.

C Wilkins

Chiro..
I just wanted to put my two cents worth in to Re-enforce your correct assertion that
yes you are a real Doctor.
In Canada Chiropractic is recognized widely
as a legitimate branch of the medical field
and Chiropractors can proudly, (and rightfully so), be called Doctor.
I don't for a moment believe that Mr. Wilkins meant any sort of slight towards you or your profession I just wanted to balance the field with another opinion and hope we can stay with knife topics.
All the best to all
Jim Ziegler

Thanks for the reinforcement, Jim, but my doctoral diploma and the Michigan state license hanging on my wall were all I need to convince myself! CL was definitely joking around. In fact his response was a poke at the medical community, really. I was just rolling with it. For those concerned, the huge blister that formed don't pop them, no matter how tempting) is now a yellowish, sort of hard layer of skin. Gross! I just hope it doesn't fall into my soup when I'm eating!
smile.gif

------------------
Dr. Steve Agocs

agocs_s@hotmail.com

A guy gets a little blister and.....

On here, you're Chiro75 from Holland, Mich. formerly of somewhere in Iowa.....last time I checked there ain't no "doctors of cutlery"! So don't go trying to impress anybody with that doctor/chiropractor mumbo jumbo stuff!
smile.gif

Geesh! A guy gets a little piece of paper on the wall and.....
smile.gif

C Wilkins

Lighten up guys. I once chatted with the "DOCTOR of DOOM" over on AK47. He said he was a real Doctor! (DDS....Doctor of Doomsday Stuff) or somewthing like that.

Tom, was that a Kalifornia joke? (all them light haired folks come form the West Coast)

[This message has been edited by peter nap (edited 05-28-2001).]

Back