1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

20 Haley Strategic D3K Khukuri Sets

Discussion in 'Ryan W. Knives' started by RyanW, Feb 17, 2014.

1. RyanW

RyanW Moderator Moderator

Jul 17, 2009
    I have been working on a large project over the last few months and it was announced today... There will be a run of 20 numbered sets, 10 of the 20 sold in 3 hours!! I will be working on #'s 11 - 20 over the next month!

Haley Strategic D3K Khukuri and Karda:
    Steel: 3/16" Aldo 1095 (with Hamon)
    OAL: 16"
    Handle: Black G10 / Red G10 Spacer / Grey TeroTuf Bolster
    Misc: Tapered Tang, Light Jimping, Micarta Pins, Firesteel and Loop
    Sheaths: Buy Brown Kydex (David Killed it on these!!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

David Brown knocked out all these sheaths and could not have done a better job. Hit him up if you need ANY kydex work!!! (http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/member.php/115827-David-Brown)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    http://haleystrategic.com/d3k/

2. jball1125

jball1125

Aug 26, 2011
    That's an awesome combo Ryan.

3. RyanW

Jul 17, 2009
    Thank you! Project has been killing me (And David!)

4. Shawn Hatcher

Shawn Hatcher

Nov 25, 2003
    Ryan . . . you're a complete and total badass!! I can't even imagine how many hours of work that went into that last photo. Great job, my friend. :thumbup:

5. BenR.T.

BenR.T. Tanto grinder & High performance blade peddler Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 18, 2011
    Pretty stinking awesome Ryan! Great looking work by you and David both. :thumbup:

6. RyanW

Jul 17, 2009
    Shawn and Ben thank you so much! It has been great working with Travis and HSP

7. AZ2AK

AZ2AK

Oct 8, 2012
    Great set! Gonna have to keep an eye open for the next batch, what's the best place to watch for it?

8. RyanW

Jul 17, 2009
    Shane, they are sold through Haley Strategic Partners Website: http://www.haleystrategic.com/d3k/

I usually get a heads up before they list them, I will post here and shoot you an email if you like... Of course I have to finish the next 10 first :eek:

9. AZ2AK

AZ2AK

Oct 8, 2012
    Ryan, that would be great - thanks!

10. MillersFixedBlades

MillersFixedBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Ryan, I would also like to know when the next batch might go up for sale, it's a great set!!!

11. RyanW

Jul 17, 2009
    I did a series of photos for a Banner on HSP Blades, Thought some members of Blade Forums might be interested in them... Let me know if you have any questions

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

David Brown did his usual best.... Open Spine on the Khukuri, Piggy back for the Karda and a Fire Steel Loop
    [​IMG]

12. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    sweet sequence!
    love your use of the terotuf, that stuff is awesome.

13. AZ2AK

AZ2AK

Oct 8, 2012
    Great set!

14. injected454

injected454

Dec 30, 2011
    Ryan, Incredible craftsmanship sir! You have have labored to craft a fine set here and chosen such a historicaly multi functional blade design with the Khukuri. I am sorry to have missed out on the first ten. If it is not much trouble could you ad me to that email notification list? I would greatly appreciate it. I am adding myself to your listing for when you open up your order book again. I would like you to make a Karambit for me. Thanks Ryan.
    Shane

15. RyanW

Jul 17, 2009
  16. RyanW

Jul 17, 2009
    All 20 Sets are finished up and glad to have this build under my belt! It was a HUGE learning experience, long journey and I got to meet some amazing people along the way! Only a few sets avail. I am off to other projects! Thanks for following.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you are interested Follow the link: http://www.haleystrategic.com/d3k/

17. Cato

Cato

Dec 28, 1998
    Are there any left? Thanks!

18. RyanW

Jul 17, 2009
    Sorry Cato, they all sold in a few days...

19. RicSA

RicSA

Jul 5, 2007
    Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but these are awesome looking blades.

How do you dull the blade and add the pattern?