2004 Midwes Khuk Khonvention sign up thread...

1-2.5" diameter, about 4-6 feet long would be great!
Got Ye Covered!

Once the Great NE gets a lil warmer weather (not soon enough), I'll
dig em out, do a line-up, take a few pics, and we'll have the 1st Annual HI Woody Pagent. :D
It can be a pick and bring...you guys pick & I'll bring.

I suppose we could probably do some nice pre-carving 'clean-up and smoothing' on a belt sander eh? ;)

Bruise - I was counting on having you set it on *Hover* in case of rain.

Brian - Fairborn OH. Exact address will be sent to an email listing of attendees Keith is gathering. I only do it this way so as to avoid charges of entrapment by publishing my address to the world. It should also help avoid having to explain the multiple pieces of bad guy strewn about my property.

Keith - Yes...we'll have something to talk about.

Originally posted by WarrenR
Once the Great NE gets a lil warmer weather (not soon enough), I'll
dig em out, do a line-up, take a few pics, and we'll have the 1st Annual HI Woody Pagent. :D

Well seasoned Hickory would make nice old tyme knife handles and it takes a really smooth and nice finish.:D
Looks especially good when properly fire hardened.:cool:

Yvsa, you covered the looks good, feels good part...
you forgot about:
- smells good in the 'ole campfire
&
- tastes good on the 'ole rack of ribs
:D

ie. I did 30# of ribs last 7/4 with hickory & a lil apple wood on the smoker.
MMMMmmmmmmmm they were de-licious!;)

Originally posted by WarrenR
Yvsa, you covered the looks good, feels good part...
you forgot about:
- smells good in the 'ole campfire
&
- tastes good on the 'ole rack of ribs
:D

ie. I did 30# of ribs last 7/4 with hickory & a lil apple wood on the smoker.
MMMMmmmmmmmm they were de-licious!;)

Didn't fergit, that just goes without sayin.:p ;)

A whole salmon smoked in that combo is excellent eating as well.:D
But then anything goes good with hickory and or hickory/apple or hickory/alder or hickory/chestnuts or hickory/corncobs, the unused ones, doesn't matter which color.:p ;)

Yeah, baby...;
I'm from ohio,
and I'd love to meet you guys.
I'll probably be there (80%) chance.

All right Walking Man! I'll be glad for the chance to thank you in person for the knife giveaway by sharpstick.

Up to 9 confirmed...

Excellent!

Nasty - I don't want to be pessimistic, but I don't envision adding more than 2-3 more people at most. We'll wait and see...hope it works out that we can have it at your place.

Warren - please leave a few "sticks" raw for me - no sanding, bark still on, whatever...thanks.

Re: gun show-n-tell

You guys are giving me serious anxiety pain! Can't wait to get there and it's still 6 weeks away!

:eek:

Re: motos

I got rid of my rice-burner a while back and have been chomping at the bit to get a new ride. Who knows, maybe I'll have one by that time...but I sure-as-heck ain't loading it up with all my supplies and trekkin' halfway across the country with a belt sander hangin' off the tail pipes...:eek: :eek:

Add "bike show" to the list...eh? :D

I promise not to scratch anything...!

this khon is a bit more intimate than the Reno Khon, and we don't want to overtax our fine and gracious host and his lands.

Shall we call it at 12 Confirmed, then?

Thread header modified. You "maybe folks" might wanna pony up b4 the slots are full...

Keith

Is there a list of who's confirmed posted somewhere? I just looked and couldn't find anything.

I hadta regen this thread in as many weeks. So, we all know what we;re doing and such. I prety much just updated the attendee list and a few minor things.

With the Khon next weekend, I see little need to update this any more. CU there!

3/29/04--Looks like no loss of info from last crash. Kewl.

Keith

I'm still real pissed we lost all that info....:(

If directions to the "Nasty Khonvention Center" have already gone out, I didn't get them. :confused: I need them as early as possible if I am to find my way there. (Being a guy, this is the closest I come to asking for directions.) :p ;) :footinmou

In the cryptic form of a map with no legend or "X mrks the spot". I would have preferred an addy that I could plug into MapQuest.

Nasty, email sent...

Keith

Back