2006 Forum Knife??

Paul, my friend,

That was quite sharp of you to catch my veiled preference for a folder. :D

I will say if we were to choose a folder, I might buy 2, (depending a little on final cost), one for display and one for carry. If we decide on a fixed blade, I'd get one for display. But whatever the choice, I'm in if we do work things out.

Bill

Well the analogy I always use is the young bull and the old bull story I prefer to go a little slower and have them all. In fact several of each. Just can't have enough knives. LT

MVPKNIFE said:
I am of course very new here, but if any of us here at SMKW can be of any assistance in the selection of your 2006 forum knife then please let me know. If you really like the CSC idea we have been doing a good bit of business with them and we may be able to help. Just let me know if we can be of any assistance. JP

JP; Thank you for the offer. We don't really know where we're going or have a concensus yet, but I'll file your offer in my aging memory bank for later possible use.

Paul

Hey I just noticed I took some pictures of the knives and photgraphed the wrong descriptions with some of them should have took the lower and took the higher Oh well the knives themselves are correct and you guys know the difference of which is which sorry just to busy today . LT WHOOPS

1. Fixed- CSC Drop point $125 tops
2. F..f..folder-Schrade white delrin scrim base knife $50-$75

I prefer fixed, but I also prefer it to be a Schrade. However, as Bill said, it wouldn't be a carry knife for me anyway. Not even if it is a folder. And as was mentioned, the timeline (as produced by me anyway) already includes Canal Street as the sucessor company to ISC. And Sheathmaker's inquiry to CSC is very promising.

Surely a sufficient quantity of SC blank knives can be found within, say, six months of members scouring. It might mean buying from the holders of the WIP, even one step removed though which some would not find to their liking. I don't think good seconds would be a problem. I still believe a dual offering might open the issue to more collectors here. Perhaps the funding idea brought forth will offset that point.

Codger

1.Fixed Schrade
2.large lockback folding hunter
3.Whatever you gentlemen decide.
About $125 is my limit for a knife that I'll put away and the wife or kids may sell at a garage sale in 10-15 years.
Ron

How about a 141OT? Get a cool design that reflects the 2006 Schrade Blade Forum engraved on the blade and everyone gets a fixed-blade commemerative knife that is cheap enough to carry...

relodr36 said:
1.Fixed Schrade
2.large lockback folding hunter
3.Whatever you gentlemen decide.
About $125 is my limit for a knife that I'll put away and the wife or kids may sell at a garage sale in 10-15 years.
Ron

I thought I was the only one who felt like that, my budget <$150, I'd prefer a folder, from CSC 1st and Scrade second, after that, I'll go for anything around $150 from either company

Okay guys, I'll jump in to the pool a little late. I was hanging out with Shamu down in Florida, just got back yesterday.

Sounds like a great idea! As a proud owner of last year's knife, I'm definitely in.

My vote. FWIW, will be:

CSC
Fixed or folder, doesn't matter
Price range @ $125

Hope that helps tip the scales one way or the other...

Glenn

My tally thus far with 19 members voting one way or another or both is:
Csc 16
Schrade 8
Folder 9
Fixed 13
Price $125 has been mentioned in every range price so I guess we'll shoot for that to be the top end.

We are way short of making any kind of a deal with CSC with only 19 people committing. 50 would be ideal and 30 or more would be the rock bottom minimum and I'd need LT's influence to make that float.

Paul

Paul,
This is probably a stupid question for the price range we have been talking about,but I've asked stupid questions before.
Is there any plan to serialize these?
If so,you might pick up a little extra cash by auctioning off the low numbers.

Ok -let the brickbats fly!
Ron

I'm a new guy here.

I'd make a commitment to buy a forum knife if the price was under $100. If there's any chance to do it under $50, that's even better. I'll send my money in advance to whoever is setting up the fund, no problem.

As a new collector, that $50 is opportunity cost to expand my collection to 4-5 models I don't have (and BELIEVE ME...I don't have many).

Folder Schrade would be my first vote. After that, anything will work on an under $100 pricepoint.

Just a thought,why don't some of you guys that I see on other forums at this site spread the word.After all ,collectors sometimes like limited editions no matter what brand they are.Arnold

If we wind up with CSC then serialization will be part of the plan. I'm seriously considering having them all #1 so everyone is happy. Another way is to let them go in the order that the votes came in I have a chronological list. First we have have a knife, then we can decide on how the numbers will be passed out.

Paul

Edited to add; There is a very reasonable chance that it will come in below the $125 by a good margin. The fixed blade #113313 was and I guess is available through dealers at or about $78 to $80, so surely we can get a cost similar to that plus the cost of etching.

I suggest using a drawing ( lottery ) for the number give out. or have them all 2006. LT

Or just mark them all PROTOTYPE. That seems to be a magic word.

Codger

Hello.
This is my first time here. I live 4.7 miles from the CSC factory so you know I am in. I would vote for fixed but will take anything up to $150.00 or so works for me.
I had bought some of the Schrade knives over the last 20 years that I am living here from the town for the Christmas and fourth of July fund raiser knives but not enough.
Then about a month I finally woke up and realized I better get my butt in gear.
I have a 12 y.o. son (who has had a Schrade knife since he was 2 y.o. which got me in a lot of trouble with his mother) and we are having a great time collecting more and more and more Schrade knives.
I also would be happy to add a reasonable amount to a fund for someone who can't afford it.
Thanks, Dennis
P.S. thanks everyone for all the info. We have learned more about Schrade in one day here than I knew in 20 years.

Dennis,
Welcome to the forum. Please stick around an let us know what you have been collecting.
TTYL
Larry

Back