2010 Handgun Deer!!!

Got this nice 8 point Buck about 3:30pm Saturday, after the shot, he ran onto an adjoining property that had 4 hunters staying there in a cabin, so we had to check with them before crossing over, by the time we got permission, we had about 15 minutes of daylight, and we couldn't find him before it got to dark, so we called it for the day. They told us they would keep an eye out when they went out this morning, and found him right off and called. He had ran over a ridge and went the opposite direction of what we thought.

Brown on the ground!!!
3-DeerDown.jpg

With the Ruger Blackhawk I shot him with.
6-Ruger.jpg

Me grinning like an idiot, but I don't care, this is my first Buck and first handgun deer!!!! :)
4-Me-UPLOAD.jpg

Thanks guys, I have to admit, last night was one of the longest and worst of my life, afraid we wouldn't find him.

It's a sickening feeling, and I almost went through the roof when they called and had found him. :)

Excellent ! Glad to see you don't need the crutch of a scope !
I used my M29 for one this year and it's always satisfaction !

Congrats that is a great buck, what makes it even more of an accomplishment is that you killed with a six gun and iron sights. AWESOME, you've done something there my friend. Congrats again, man!

Found a picture that got lost in the shuffle, this one shows where I hit him,

9.jpg

He went into the woods about 25 feet from the blind and stopped and was looking at the blind. I'm a southpaw, so I had to lean backwards out of the back of the blind while holding onto the wall of it with my right hand, and aim across my chest with my left hand and fired one handed from about 25-30 feet. Accept for the leaning backwards part, I couldn't have asked for a better broadside shot.

That is great. Nice looking buck. Congratulations. I just went out for my first day deer hunting ever, last Saturday, and I am hunting with a handgun also. Saw a fair size doe (I was amazed the bugger sneaked up behind me, I was in a tree stand) but didn't get at shot. It's great to see someone getting game with a handgun.

Excellent bullet placement also.

KR

That is great. Nice looking buck. Congratulations. I just went out for my first day deer hunting ever, last Saturday, and I am hunting with a handgun also. Saw a fair size doe (I was amazed the bugger sneaked up behind me, I was in a tree stand) but didn't get at shot. It's great to see someone getting game with a handgun.

Excellent bullet placement also.

KR

Hang in there and good luck!!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Back